pullin the fan.... someday?

irontx25

workin on pulling my motor....stuck at the fan of all things.Got rough with it in one direction then the other.Still aint budged...any ideas ??? something that doesnt have to do with hand grenades or chain saws :bang getting mad at it now... think ill go have a coke and a smile and think about it for a while..thanks

Not sure where your at in the job. I always pull the bolts out of the radiator support(4 8mm). pull the battery cable up, remove the bolts holding the outer fan shroud(2 8mm). Pull outer fan shroud out of truck, I then use a AIRHAMMER with a long bit on the fan nut at the water pump. you turn the nut counterclockwise. it only needs to move a small amount then it will turn by hand. Lay the fan in the inner shroud and remove the bolts holding the shroud to the block(4 on newer trucks, 5 on older 6.0L's 15mm) pull inner shroud and fan out of the truck together. Hope this helps.

Once you get that inner fan shroud out..throw it away..don't reinstall.

Because its a waste of plastic and when its gone makes working on your truck much easier. I will post up pics of how to route the fan wire with the inner fan shroud removed.

yes that helps.. thanks...this is where im at now.front clip is off ..all coolers..ic piping..front cross member...batts ect..need to unbolt tranny...take off wiring harnesses..thats about as far as ive thought it out thus far... kinda figurin it out as i go:thankyou2:

Attachments

• IMAG0030.jpg
    IMAG0030.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 28
Just drill 2 small holes in the front shroud and hold it up with a zip tie. My secondary shroud is long gone. Makes belt changes pretty easy. And can be done by hand. I have even won a few bets that you don't need a bar for the tensioner.

thats funny....the only thing ive ever won is some new skin on my nuckles:hehe:

thanks for the help yall.... got it.... just didnt yell at it loud enough!!!!:woohoo:

yes that helps.. thanks...this is where im at now.front clip is off ..all coolers..ic piping..front cross member...batts ect..need to unbolt tranny...take off wiring harnesses..thats about as far as ive thought it out thus far... kinda figurin it out as i go:thankyou2:

Your a BRAVE MAN...I have never pulled one out the front, I have always pulled the cab. Best of luck......I think you can tell we've got your back if you need help

i always pull the engine up and over the grill when i take an engine out. only time i ever pull the cab is when i do head gaskets

It's easy...just make it look like this. LOL

DSC00944_Medium_.JPG

Plenty easy to work on after that.
DSC00958_Medium_.JPG

I suspect this will be photoshopped in about 30 seconds. LOL

makes it sooooo easy to get to stuff..... now if i can just remember how to get it back together:hehe: will be pulling it out tommorrow... gotta get my hands on a stand that will hold it up.....still got to bust the tranny loose and disconnect the fuel lines.... never messed with these " quick " connects... aint gonna be nothin quick without the quik disconnector... have to work on that in the morning... probably clean my turbo tonight....make sombody a great deal on a " slightly" used egr valve:hehe:

Attachments

• IMAG0033.jpg
    IMAG0033.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 10