Pulling Questions

hhinton

I've decided to pull my truck work stock and I've read through the rules and searched on here, cumminsforum, and google and I can't find anything so I thought I'd just ask questions. What I want to know is in work stock is it okay to use programmers/chips? are larger injectors okay? Is a cai okay? can I have an aftermarket intake manifold? and I have a gdp mechanical lift pump is that okay or would I have to switch it? Thanks for any information that you give me and sorry if these questions are stupid.

Put your fire suit on. Work stock rules vary by different areas. Any certain organization you looking to pull with?

Depending on the rules and area of the country you could be competing against 500hp trucks or 1000hp trucks.

NADM Work Stock rules was what I was looking into doing more of the 2.5 range too, I really just want to do smaller local stuff and thought it would be good to ask before I bought stuff that isn't legal.

He is from Indiana for those on Tapatalk...

You're going to need 600+ hp to be competitive.

Go big and keep the lid down. You'll be fine until they open the lid and tell you otherwise. Most techs are looking for safety equipment so pay close attention to those details.

Nobody will worry about your setup until you start winning lol

X2

Where I pull at in SE OH and the surrounding areas it takes about 650hp+ if you want to win the street classes and no one is going to care about your setup unless you start winning. lol

Oh and one more question whats the largest turbo you think I could run without anyone noticing?

"Its not what the rules say, its what the rules don't say" - Smokey Yunick

I pull workstock in Indiana. My truck is around 550-600hp and I usually get 5th or 6th. Rules are different everywhere but usually they don't even tech.

Dynoed 455 with just a small tune...now have trans, big pump and a couple other things. I'm just guessing the hp but it sounds about right.