Pump Issues?

DitchDigger

Bought an old 95, had 191's in it, someone put the origional ones back in, tried to start the truck, heard one knock in the pump. Come to find out the #3 DV was put in upside down. Pushed it all the way through. Little bit of metal underneath it, got the metal out. Got another set of matching DV's, put them in, primed the chit out of it, and it finally started. idles 350 RPM's lower than normal. If you pump the pedal while its idling, it does absolutely nothing. Im sure this isnt an easy fix like I thought it would be. May have been a bad investment.
Ive got low fuel pressure @ the pump. Pulled the lines off, absolutely nothing comes out while cranking.
I figured the pump was screwed up, so i pulled the #3 and #1 holder. found a little bit of metal in #1, cleaned it out, #3 was free of debris.
With holders removed, turned the truck over, plungers are moving, and fuel is moving through the pump. Im hoping this is something stupid that one of you guru's can help me with. I appreciate it......
Thanks guys

No, I blew the lines out pretty good. Everything seems fine on that end. Like i said i pulled the lines off of the pump, with good low fuel pressure, and have absolutely nothing coming out of the barrels while cranking...Im just wondering if anyone has ever had/ heard of this happening. Its seems like something really dumb is broken inside the pump, or something.... Thanks for any input guys