Pump Issues

2broke4smoke

Okay Gentlemen...don't post much around here but I do alot of lurking and reading. We just completed a P-Pump Conversion on an 02 and the pump was done by II. That said, the truck is running good and sounds even better. However it is not running great as it seems flat. It is a lil smokey but the pump should flow 380cc and it just simply doesnt have that neck jerk power. It has lazer cut dv's, 4k GSK and a quick rate cam. It feels like what a truck with a valet switch feels like and just doesnt have the top end I feel like it should. Where does II typically set AFC and fuel plate? Would it already be set to kill? We are gonna switch the overflow out for a new one to eliminate that but any other ideas of where to look.
Thanks

I am trying to figure out my fueling issues now to but I would say if it has an old over flow vavle then then yes replace it. Start cheap and easy.

It could be the LC putting out the fire...If the the plate,AFC and star screw are all the way forward that is alot of fuel...You didn't mentioned what pump was installed(160,180 or 215),injectors and turbo.I would full back on your plate and even the AFC...Too much fuel could cause a loose in power...

It is a 180 pump. "100 horse" bully dog injectors and stock turbo. The afc and plate are wherever II set it. It is not smokey enough to make me think it is "washing" The truck runs like a VP with an ez and a set of injectors is the easiest way to explain it. It just doesnt have the seat of the pants power it should. I will change the over flow in the morning and we will go from there...

See where the AFC and plate are at...set them forward..you should get alot of smoke then...then fine tune from there..