pump linkage binding up

fearthedeere6.7

For some reason my linkage keeps binding up on my pump. I replaced the tie rod piece twice since ive owned the truck. seems after a couple months anything over 3/4 throttle throws it off the pump. Ive watched it in action and it looks like the pedal has more travel than the pump. is there a way to shorten the pedal travel to keep it from throwing the linkage off or do i have another problem. I cant see it binding any where. It just looks like the pump gets maxed out and the go pedal has more travel.

I've had the same problem on my 1997. Went to the dealership for ball joints and they told me about the recall on the linkage and had it fixed because my truck was never taken in for the recall. Soon after throttle started hanging wide open. Found a half worn into throttle cable that was hanging up by the wires inside the plastic coating. Replaced the cable and now everything is good

I've had the same problem on my 1997. Went to the dealership for ball joints and they told me about the recall on the linkage and had it fixed because my truck was never taken in for the recall. Soon after throttle started hanging wide open. Found a half worn into throttle cable that was hanging up by the wires inside the plastic coating. Replaced the cable and now everything is good

How much did a new throttle cable cost? I think I need to buy one for my truck but I'm afraid to ask how much it'll cost.

How much did a new throttle cable cost? I think I need to buy one for my truck but I'm afraid to ask how much it'll cost.

I actually got it for free!! The local dodge house head mechanic has a 12 valve to and had one in his tool box that he just gave to me. That was a good week for me, throttle linkage fixed on a recall and free throttle cable!!

Back