Pump setup and tuning for 24v?

2141pete

Hell I dont know
After reading alot ask a few questions about this. I want to set a pump up for 600-625hp on fuel. Everyone says tuning a P-pump on a 24v is alot more difficult than a 24v. The Idea I have in my head is this
160 pump
100 or 0 plate
191 dv's
4k or 5k gsk
18-20* of timing
I imagine the actual parts I have listed will give similar results on a 24v and the timing and fine tuning is what is different right? Or are different size plates and dv's gonna make a hp difference?

For right now I have the BD towing twins and a set of 8x.011 injectors that should be around 200's. Sometime in the future I want to go back to a set of Mach injectors 5's or 6's and Shanes towing twins upgrade.

You are pretty much going to the same setup as I am. It is going to be a whole lot of fuel and those towing twins will turn to toast I promise you that. I say if you already got valve springs go with the 5K gsk and maybe the 100 plate unless you want to see alot of white smoke every cold morning. 191 and 181 DVS are gonna be a safe bet for the power you are looking for, Laser Cuts and that other non sense is going you leave you hot and heavy with black smoke.

Yeah I was thinking 191's. I do plan to go bigger on twins but this is the money I was gonna use for them. I think I may do the 5gsk just because I spent the $$ on valve springs and I plan on a fluid damper. Thanks a bunch for the advise.

You are pretty much going to the same setup as I am. It is going to be a whole lot of fuel and those towing twins will turn to toast I promise you that. I say if you already got valve springs go with the 5K gsk and maybe the 100 plate unless you want to see alot of white smoke every cold morning. 191 and 181 DVS are gonna be a safe bet for the power you are looking for, Laser Cuts and that other non sense is going you leave you hot and heavy with black smoke.

I had jammer 3's in mine (105 HP) and it was way too much fuel with a #10 plate, and a 215 pump with 191's, I had the plate almost all the way back and still couldn't clean it up.

I am now running stock injectors with the plate forward and have more fuel than I can burn, although my twins are not all that big (64/14 over S475 with race cover)

Dang that is some fuel. I dont think mine will fuel that hard with a 160 pump though will it?

Don't let the small 160 pump fool you. Brad Ponci has proved they can make big power.

Don't let the small 160 pump fool you. Brad Ponci has proved they can make big power.

That's what I've heard. I'm just looking forward to getting this swap done and starting to figure things out. I think I should be able to understand it in the next forever sometime.

I had jammer 3's in mine (105 HP) and it was way too much fuel with a #10 plate, and a 215 pump with 191's, I had the plate almost all the way back and still couldn't clean it up.

I am now running stock injectors with the plate forward and have more fuel than I can burn, although my twins are not all that big (64/14 over S475 with race cover)

Not small twins either though. Pete have you thought about just running the primary turbo in your twins as a single before? Just a thought

Not small twins either though. Pete have you thought about just running the primary turbo in your twins as a single before? Just a thought

I have thought about it. From what I understand if I put a WG'd 14cm exhaust housing on it's very similar to a silver bullet 66. I plan on Wickeds upgrade to twins but I may get it with an S480 and use my primary as the secondary in that set if I end up with enough fuel with the swap.

Im running pretty much the same thing as the BD tow twins primary as a single on my truck pete. Cant clean up the smoke at 55psi with the 0 plate FF and no rack plug in there yet. .022dvs, 200hp inj, .084 lines and tubes, cam and 4gsk... these pumps can definitly move some fuel.

Im running pretty much the same thing as the BD tow twins primary as a single on my truck pete. Cant clean up the smoke at 55psi with the 0 plate FF and no rack plug in there yet. .022dvs, 200hp inj, .084 lines and tubes, cam and 4gsk... these pumps can definitly move some fuel.

Sweet man that's what I need to hear. Do you think a 66/S480setup would be too big for a 160 pump?

Sweet man that's what I need to hear. Do you think a 66/S480setup would be too big for a 160 pump?

Pete, can't help you on a P-Pump but on a monster VP the 66/S480 makes some awesome power....spool is a little slower and you will need a loose converter to run a lager single or bigger twins....i am running a 2100 stall now and seems to work great

good luck on the P-pump swap. :Cheer:

Scott

thanks scott, I haven't heard much out of you in a while but it sounds like you have yours together and running good. I thought about a monster pump for a long time but I can actuall do the P-pump swap a little cheaper.

Pete, can't help you on a P-Pump but on a monster VP the 66/S480 makes some awesome power....spool is a little slower and you will need a loose converter to run a lager single or bigger twins....i am running a 2100 stall now and seems to work great

good luck on the P-pump swap. :Cheer:

Scott

Dont know if its too big for a 160pump, but you dont need that much air for 600hp. I think it wouldnt be much fun to drive and you'd never really use it to its potential(the twins that is). a 62 over a 75 would be plenty of air, i think thats the route im going this winter...

If money is tight after the pump swap, sell your twins and buy a used set of bigger twins, lots of twin sets out there just have to be able to trust who you are getting them from.

I've also though of that I just figured I would try and use some of what I already have

Dont know if its too big for a 160pump, but you dont need that much air for 600hp. I think it wouldnt be much fun to drive and you'd never really use it to its potential(the twins that is). a 62 over a 75 would be plenty of air, i think thats the route im going this winter...

If money is tight after the pump swap, sell your twins and buy a used set of bigger twins, lots of twin sets out there just have to be able to trust who you are getting them from.

thanks scott, I haven't heard much out of you in a while but it sounds like you have yours together and running good. I thought about a monster pump for a long time but I can actuall do the P-pump swap a little cheaper.

it's been a busy summer with work and home life and that leaves little to no time to play with the truck :bang

we are still working out a few bugs....but the truck runs VERY Strong and i hope to hit the track in the next few weeks

Back