Pump setup and tuning for 24v?

that sounds great Scott' I can't wait to hear how it does.

it's been a busy summer with work and home life and that leaves little to no time to play with the truck :bang

we are still working out a few bugs....but the truck runs VERY Strong and i hope to hit the track in the next few weeks

Ok guys hopefully I'm goint to pick up all the parts off a 12v and order the rest here tomorrow. I will be using a bone stock 160 pump. What the hell do I need to do to this thing? I dont know if I will have the time or $$$ to have it benched.I plan on a 100 plate, but Do I need 4k or 5k GSK, AFC springs? What DV's would you all recommend, I have all kinds of questions before I buy parts.

Damn does a P-pump really fuel that much harder?

Well this is a 215 pump with laser cuts, jammers 5's, .093 lines, .093 tubes, 20* timing, and an II silver 71 with a .93 housing.. it cleans up fairly well... Plate is full forward. but this head has a ZZ intake, but i'm not sure how much it actually helps. It doesn't seem to be extensively ported..

YouTube - Nick Garofalo at GDS Fair Truck Pull 2009

with a 160 i recommend full cuts, .024s, or 191s.. 4k or 5K GSK whatever you'd like to make your bottom end hold :D. AFC tuning is an art. what do you plan on doing with the truck?

with a 160 i recommend full cuts, .024s, or 191s.. 4k or 5K GSK whatever you'd like to make your bottom end hold :D. AFC tuning is an art. what do you plan on doing with the truck?

Dyno, 1/4 mile, and a daily 3 block drive to work lol.

575-625hp is the goal for now. How much does it genarally cost to have a pump benched and pinned at time?

worst case scenario, usually 1500 depending on the shop. how many miles are on the pump..? 66/71/14 is the turbo i'd slap on it BTW or maybe a 64..

worst case scenario, usually 1500 depending on the shop. how many miles are on the pump..? 66/71/14 is the turbo i'd slap on it BTW or maybe a 64..

For right now I have BD towing twins but I will be throwing an S400 primary on hopefully soon. I dont know the milage yet but the truck ran and had a cylinder melt down.

For right now I have BD towing twins but I will be throwing an S400 primary on hopefully soon. I dont know the milage yet but the truck ran and had a cylinder melt down.

ah, i see.. well i'd get it checked out by a pump shop at least.. what's the top turbo of the twins? i think a 64/71/14 over a S480 would be sexy..

ah, i see.. well i'd get it checked out by a pump shop at least.. what's the top turbo of the twins? i think a 64/71/14 over a S480 would be sexy..

These are I believe a 57/71/14 over a 66/74/14. I plan on doing a set up of either a 62/71/13 over an S475 or a 64/71/14 over an S480.

stay away from full cuts if you are gonna drive it on the street.

191's are sweet, i ditched my full cuts for 191's.

stick with a 4k, you dont need 5k to drag race and 5ks are a lot harder to set-up and get "right"

AFC tuning, well as said thats an art. you can read all day about that, best is to talk to some folks here that are good at it, borrow an AFC jig, and hook your AFC up to the compressor in the shop with a regulator so you can test and see at what boost its moving etc.

Thanks TJ, I have been thinking a 4k GSK, 191's ans 100 or 0 plate. What about AFC springs? Will they be needed for what I want?

Id get the tst AFC spring kit. It helps with tuning the afc and the spring is longer and softer which allows more smoke control and full rack travel. You will have to mod the afc for full travel as well as adding the spring.. but thats really not needed to just get the truck running and driving.

You have a lot to learn going to a p-pump.... trust me:bang Im still learning all the time.

yeah I'm still up in the air on the pum. I think I'll be better off buying a used one that is already built.

Id get the tst AFC spring kit. It helps with tuning the afc and the spring is longer and softer which allows more smoke control and full rack travel. You will have to mod the afc for full travel as well as adding the spring.. but thats really not needed to just get the truck running and driving.

You have a lot to learn going to a p-pump.... trust me:bang Im still learning all the time.

Thanks for all the help fellas. I'm goint to pick up pretty much everything but the conversion lines and pump performance stuff tomorrow. I think sunday and after work all this week it will go into surgurey. Hopfully it will be done by next weekend.

Sweet man, like i said let me know if you have any questions you need answered fast.

Good luck!

Well this is a 215 pump with laser cuts, jammers 5's, .093 lines, .093 tubes, 20* timing, and an II silver 71 with a .93 housing.. it cleans up fairly well... Plate is full forward. but this head has a ZZ intake, but i'm not sure how much it actually helps. It doesn't seem to be extensively ported..

YouTube - Nick Garofalo at GDS Fair Truck Pull 2009

that is interesting, mine is a 215 pump with 191's and stock injectors .093 lines and connectors and while it's not a ZZ-fab, it is a sheetmetal intake manifold, but I can't clean it up, do you think a silver 71 is pushing more air than my twins? if that's the case I'm going to have to push forward my upgrade plans.

cetanetrucks093.jpg

btw good luck with the conversion!