pump swap done couple ?

1stgencummins17

just a sled puller
i got my p pump swap finished an running this weekend on my 1st gen had to mess with my 5ks a bit but rpms still hang a little bit when its revved up. Do they need to be loosened another click or what? wen i did them i went 1 soft an 4 hard clicks then backed off 1 hard click

also i have no kickdown cable at the moment what could possibly happen to my tranny if i dont have one on it

also i have a flame coming out of my stack i kno it needs more timing but when the flame comes out its like a blue color around the base of the stack an can only be seen at night its gets hot but i let out of it at 1600 kinda embarassed to say this but still have stock h1c on it workin on a 66 just kinda wanted to kno why the flame would be blue an would it be a major concern considering what i have?

been keeping my foot out of it to keep it alive for the moment

Do not run it without the throttle valve (kickdown cable) hooked up. If you are going to do so then you must use bailing wire or zipties or something along those lines to hold it at max pressure. Your line pressure will be too low without the throttle valve.

What did you set the timing at?

A visible flame is not uncommon, usually a lack of timing and overfueling will cause it.

Whos 5k's? Usually when the idle hangs or doesnt return you can fix this by loosening them a click or messing with the idle shims. I try to run the gov springs as tight as I can without having the throttle hanging problem.

I see now that they are CDS, try loosening them another click, if that doesnt do it you may have to remove idle shims. If you search I know there is a thread about this issue with the CDS springs. They are great springs though once you get them dialed in.

Yeah wire that TV lever open while you dont have the TV cable!

As for the 5k springs, I dont have any experience but try 1 less click.