Pushrods

jedeka

I am ready to order pushrods for my new pulling engine. I'm using 24v lifters in my 12v engine. Is there a difference in the ball end of the pushrods, between 12v and 24v pushrods? Thanks.

I could be wrong, but I thought 12 valve were 3/8" and 24 valves were 10mm? Not much difference but still different.

Or just call a company like Manton and have a custom set made. They will be cheaper than most "diesel performance" companies anyways.

That being said, 12v ones will work. Pretty sure thats what most people run.

I am using 24v lifters with my 12v and got pushrods from manton they were priced well and service was great you will need measurement, I made mine a bit longer than stock. I used an adjustable tool from jegs to get the right length.

They are different. Will 12v work? Yes. I have done it both ways. Its up to you how good of contact you want on the ball end.

Here is a pic of some stock tubes.

SANY0346_zps4oreodia.jpg

Last edited:
Ive been told manton is the spot.

I had no idea about the 10mm/ 3/8" difference.

Colt cams sold me new 5.9/6.7 tappets for the new cam.but made no mention.

Why the longer length?
Anyone see different wear issues with 12v pushrods?
3/8 .095 4130 ends recomended for 700+

Have the manning performance springs foingnin with cam and are looking at pushrods too 700hp+

10.920 is overall length. I ended up getting my pushrods thru Manton with the 10mm ball.

I talked to manton yesterday about a set. Super nice and knowledgeable people. Their prices have gone up but they still seem to be the most reasonable.

The Manton 5 series 7/16" pushrods with 3/8" cup and 10mm ball were quoted to me for $21.95 each + shipping.