Put my VP on a dyno yesterday...

Guess if you can get more wheel in there you can move more air .... what size inlet r u running ???

Stuff the biggest one you can muster inthere ..LOL

the rules are a "stock appearing turbo", so i sent my stock turbo to Fleece and they made it to match their cheetah turbos while still keeping it stock appearing from the outside. i have no idea on the specs of a Fleece Cheetah turbo.

Are you allowed to grab turbos out of a 6.4 and have them worked over like that? That'd make for a fun driver and a solid work stock puller imo.

Are you allowed to grab turbos out of a 6.4 and have them worked over like that? That'd make for a fun driver and a solid work stock puller imo.

haha not a chance. interpret these rules as you may haha. everybody has their own.
Turbocharger:

The turbocharger is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM/Factory make-specific charger only. Turbochargers from different years in the same make may be interchanged, no adapters to accept other model turbo. 6.4 liter Powerstroke engines may utilize the factory twin turbo configuration. Any cut, notched or etc. of the turbo wheels / blades will result in a disqualification. Turbo housing must be unaltered OEM/ Factory with no provision made for extra air flow and/or machining to allow larger turbo wheel in the housing. No bushing of the inducer is permitted. Aftermarket wheels in a stock unaltered housing are permitted. Failure to allow for turbo inspection will result in immediate disqualification. Any truck disqualified for this reason will be required to undergo a complete super tech prior to any further competition. Absolutely no refunds for any illegal turbo found after the class has pulled. NOTE: If your truck consistently runs in the top three places you will be checked

haha not a chance. interpret these rules as you may haha. everybody has their own.
Turbocharger:

The turbocharger is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM/Factory make-specific charger only. Turbochargers from different years in the same make may be interchanged, no adapters to accept other model turbo. 6.4 liter Powerstroke engines may utilize the factory twin turbo configuration. Any cut, notched or etc. of the turbo wheels / blades will result in a disqualification. Turbo housing must be unaltered OEM/ Factory with no provision made for extra air flow and/or machining to allow larger turbo wheel in the housing. No bushing of the inducer is permitted. Aftermarket wheels in a stock unaltered housing are permitted. Failure to allow for turbo inspection will result in immediate disqualification. Any truck disqualified for this reason will be required to undergo a complete super tech prior to any further competition. Absolutely no refunds for any illegal turbo found after the class has pulled. NOTE: If your truck consistently runs in the top three places you will be checked

Wow... That's a ridiculous disadvantage for older trucks.

I think the guy who's been winning out here has a 'stock appearing' he351ve and beats some 6.4's. The he351ve's flow a decent amount more than an hx35 would though.

LOL... the Cummins was a given , and the D-max would be obvious ( as they can turn some real high RPM's ) ..

Was chattin with a buddy , said his wife was draggin the ruck and it didnt shift correctly and ran about 6150rpm's then shifter 2X's ... didnt know they would even go that high !!!

Those are the same rules for the NHRDA WS class (only WS class that's in my area), which makes it pretty hard for an older cummins to compete. I dashed that plan as soon as I read the rules, no point in even trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems a little low to me, but it sounds like you are pretty stuck with the turbo though.

on a side note if you want to ppump it ill make you a good deal on my setup.

good luck with any upcoming pulls!

Back