Quad adr installed! EGT questions?

Diesel Inside

Well I got the airdog and adrenaline installed (thanks jamie) and this thing def woke up and has way more than the superchips I had on it. I have it set to defuel at around 1300 and I can hit it pretty quick. I know I need to do the wastegate mod to my hy35 how much will the gained 10lbs of boost help in the egt arena?

Yeah that's what I figured. I got a turnbuckle just have to put it on sometime and we will see.

So you weren't lieing about the hy not being into bondage huh? Haha

Only around 20 unless I really get in it but it will just spike to about 23 24 until the wastegate opens. It can get hot pretty quick but I have defuel set at 1300.

I just use my Adrenaline on level two but I saw a 250f reduction of EGT's going from stock boost pressure then increasing up to 27 lbs. You likely won't be able to run level 10 but increasing boost pressure up to approx max of 29psi for the HY will bring down EGT's considerably. Over 29psi with the HY, you may start to increase EGT's.

I'm willing to bet the egts reduction you saw was from the bump in timing and not the added boost. Same thing happened with my ez years ago. Ez alone dropped temps 250* but raising the boost did nothing.

Last edited:
I'm willing to bet the egts reduction you saw was from the bump in timing and not the added boost. Same thing happened with my ez years ago. Ez alone dropped temps 250* but raising the boost did nothing.

No dead stock my truck would see 1250 egt's, with the addition of J-hook increaseing boost from 18psi up to 27psi and Adrenaline on PL00 (stock setting) in stock setting Adrenaline still has boost fooling. I see a 250 to 300 egt reduction.