Quad cab swap done but have a few issues need advice before I pull my hair out

Bus issue is gone with the 98 cluster, tach had a moment of life and the high beam light stays on so I'll digg into that some more. Added bonus the cluster is only 8k off from my old cab.

Last edited:
I had the same issue with my swap I just switched the cluster from the original truck and the tach worked, the only thing that doesn't work is the highbeam light.

The high beam light works its just backwards, on when low beams are on off when high beams are on, shouldn't be a biggie to fix. I think my tach issue has to be sensor related or the pcm is bad.

Had ess gapped at.050 per spec using feeler gauges, measured my credit card .034. Never tried the card trick but now tach works and charges. :rockwoot:

i live by the cc gap trick, in a bind ive even used a peice of regular ol paper folded 3 times and never had any issues. glad to see you got it all sorted out man!

Thanks, never had to mess with the ess gap before but I won't forget the cc trick now. Took it for a drive tonight finally and only thing I've found that doesn't work is the fuel gauge. From what I can find the 98+ sending units are different ohm than my 96 so gauge isn't right. I saved the v10 unit so once I burn of some fuel I'll drop the tank and change that out. I'm going to type out everything I had to change or adapt for anyone looking to 12v swap a v10 truck or swap cabs as I did. Figure the info all in one place could save someone a few headaches.

Back