Quad/ TST/ Smarty stack

zukgod1

Old fart
Ok people,
I'm was looking at the TST/ Smarty stack and was informed from a knowledgeable source the Quad Xzillariader would give the same results as the TST for allot less $$$.

So here is the question at hand:
TST/ Smarty stack or
Quad/ Smarty stack.

Let the info fly.

dan

Last edited:
i bought an xzillaraider. i will let you know how it is. but this is what i ahve been told by quad. if fuels past 3200 rpms. right now it makes 125 hp and 325 ft. lbs. it will have a "magic switch" on it for more aggresive fueling very soon. the early boxes will be able to be upgraded. and he is also coming up with a race version that will have timing included with it and will be considerably more costly. from the sounds of it it should be competition for the redline. he is over at the dtr and i have been talking with him about this box.

Tell him he needs to bring talk like that over here, we CARE about such things :D :D

The box sounds interesting....very interesting :evil

I totally agree that's why I started this thread. We will get more vendors with more knowledge to answer these type of questions for us.

I have been told the new xzillaraider will be compitition for the tst box, I want to do a stack with the Smarty, use the Smarty for the timing and the xzillaraider for the fueling. The experiance I had with the Smarty was not all that exciting till we added the timing in then it was FUN.

Signature600, Is this on your truck??

The Xzillaraider won't work on it, will it??

I was told it will so I'm all for tryin.

turbo dreams,
Yes please tell us how it does.
Tell us about the "magic switch" will ya?

dan

Haven't been over to Quad's site in a while...I knew he was working on a bigger box for the 2nd Gens, but I didn't know he called it a Xzillaraider!! Sorry about that!:D

If Quad did it it should be pretty good....but it's gonna be hard to beat thae TST/Smarty Stack!

Good Luck,
Chris

quad called it the "magic switch". he said it will be for extreme fueling when needed. it will be ready in one month and come standard on the xzillaraider dxz98s. the erlier ones can be upgraded. i just it would be like the tst having a switch that instantly gave you the highest setting on the tst comp. edition. i posted quads exact message to me on the thread that say "dxz98s". i can send it to you if you want. he is also coming out with a race edition that will have timing, and by the talk of it, it will be competition for the redline.

Right now it is pretty mild really. We are working on some hot tunes for it but, you will need to make sure you have the fuel system to keep up. It pulls hard and it will pull over 3200 rpms if you have the fuel.

They run good, priced much less than the Comp, and in the next month or 2 we should have the magic switch ready that will allow some serious fueling when it is needed. RIght now it fuels hard and makes good numbers but it won't black out and intersection and you can set cruise conrol without any surging issues.

Prices are $499 retail but, you will need to contact a vendor on here, the DTR store, an online vendor or maybe we have some vendors on that other forum you where you saw the post? If you let me know where you are located I can also find a local dealer.

If I missed anything let me know.

Oh yeah it works with the Commander if you need that.

Quad

1.) It mounts in the cab but, not like the comp, just under the dash somewhere.
2.) It has a switch with 4 positions.
3.)Yes. We will haev software updates for free. Now 2 things you need to know. When we release this "mystery" switch that will be extra. Not much but you need to buy the switch and cable. The port is already on them. You will also have to send it in to get any software updates for the mystery switch or the hot programs. Really to do the hot update you will need the extra switch.

We are also working a "Race" version. This versio will be much different and you will not be able to upgrade to it. It will not be stackable and it will be plenty more expensive.

On the dyno we are very similar to the Comp except after 2600 rpms, then we kill them. The peak numbers on the trucks we tested were all within a few peak horsepower but our curve never let off!

The TST was closer to us but it still did not fully fuel out past about 2900 rpms. I have not tested the Competition version? I heard it is bad though. We may not be as strong as it.....YET. I can promise you we will have plenty of horsepower as we move along.

Also just so you know we sell thousands of these parts a month. When we released this it was primarily because we had distributors that were tired of the COmp boxes failing all the time. They run good but they are terribly un-reliable. So knowing we were working on a large volume scale we wanted something smooth that would not really cause any issues. So the first release is actually pretty mild compared to what we could do.

Now that they are out and shops are liking them we have some people working with us to make the "comp" or "hot" versions. These things always come later as there is never enough!

Quad

1.) Well anytime you mess with the injection it alters the timing ever so slightly but not enough to make any difference. For all practical purposes it is fuel only. You can stack anything you want with it.

2.) In an auto the truck will still shift the same. The only difference is that it will fuel past redline if you hold it in a gear provided you have enough fuel supply.

You don't need any valvetrain updates at all.

Quad

This Quad box is pretty awesome. We have done quite a few and had no bad feedback from any of the customers. If you want anymore info or a price send me a PM.