Quadzilla DXZ98S box.....

Black Cloud

Rollin Smoke Diesel
Does anyone own or know someone who has had a Quadzilla box #DXZ98S for their Dodge. The hp/tq ratings look very close to the Edge Comp. Any comments on the company?

Black Cloud said:
Does anyone own or know someone who has had a Quadzilla box #DXZ98S for their Dodge. The hp/tq ratings look very close to the Edge Comp. Any comments on the company?
:drool: LOL LOL Wonder why:aiwebs_029:

Black Cloud said:

We have been trying a couple of those boxes and have realy good luck with them. I like them over a comp because it will rev like a readline and pulls hard through the whole rpm range. :bigsmile:

Thanks for the reply. I've bee debating on trying something different.

Smokem said:
Will the DXZ01S allow 4K RPM in a 2001 5spd truck with the proper valvetrain? If so my brother and I may be interested.

Yes it will. Shoot me a message and I can get you a price on one.

never heard of this box. is it adjustable like a comp? shoot me a price too!

Im on diesel truck resource .com alot, they have alot of 3rd gen owners that swear buy quad(hes even on the forums, although im not on the 2nd gen forum much) Their supposed to have great smooth power. And if you join the sight and call them you get a better price.

somebody needs to tell Quad to come here and tell us about his box. He is more than welcome.

i sent him a pm over at the dtr. maybe he will come over here and tell us more about it. if not then i will relay what he tells me the best i can. i might invest in one of these within the next week or two so maybe i can post on it. i am gonna feel sorry for my tranny. although i haven't ridin' in a truck with a comp. or anything else for that matter? anyone in georgia wanna give me a ride in a fast ctd?

What part of GA you in? I can point you in the right direction. I'm Next door in AL

timbeaux i am an hour south of atl. and 20 min. for garmons shop. what are you running on your truck? wanna sell those ranchhands??
alright quad just told me this box is making good power right now. but it will not black out an intersection and will run on cruise control without surging. he is working on a "magic switch" for it, exact words, that will allow for extreme fueling when needed. this box right now will fuel past 3200 rpms if your fuel system is up to par. had a few more questions and am awaiting an answer. i want a box without timing so this one and a tst pm3 or pm3 ce is what i am debating over. the price on the quad is sooo sweat though.

All I can say is that im in love with my quad box. He has sent us some hot boxes and well when he gets everything fine tuned watch out cause they are going to rock your world :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :woohoo:

1.) It mounts in the cab but, not like the comp, just under the dash somewhere.
2.) It has a switch with 4 positions.
3.)Yes. We will haev software updates for free. Now 2 things you need to know. When we release this "mystery" switch that will be extra. Not much but you need to buy the switch and cable. The port is already on them. You will also have to send it in to get any software updates for the mystery switch or the hot programs. Really to do the hot update you will need the extra switch.

We are also working a "Race" version. This versio will be much different and you will not be able to upgrade to it. It will not be stackable and it will be plenty more expensive.

On the dyno we are very similar to the Comp except after 2600 rpms, then we kill them. The peak numbers on the trucks we tested were all within a few peak horsepower but our curve never let off!

The TST was closer to us but it still did not fully fuel out past about 2900 rpms. I have not tested the Competition version? I heard it is bad though. We may not be as strong as it.....YET. I can promise you we will have plenty of horsepower as we move along.

Also just so you know we sell thousands of these parts a month. When we released this it was primarily because we had distributors that were tired of the COmp boxes failing all the time. They run good but they are terribly un-reliable. So knowing we were working on a large volume scale we wanted something smooth that would not really cause any issues. So the first release is actually pretty mild compared to what we could do.

Now that they are out and shops are liking them we have some people working with us to make the "comp" or "hot" versions. These things always come later as there is never enough!

Quad
this is straight from quad himself. i think i am going to buy this one. the "race version" will probably be too much for me. i am not going to run a turbo that big. my main thing is towing and street ability. i can run this on a low setting with my ez and be ok. like he said pay for the switch later and the software upgrades are free.

If anyone is interested in the Xzillaraider I have mine for sale. It has about 25 miles on it and as good as new. It'll fit a 98.5-00 and hasn't been registered so you'll receive all warrantys and future upgrades. PM if interested.

James