Question about apps and cutting out at wot

Oaborbag

It's just a 6 cylinder
I made a post before, but didn't get the answer I was looking for, most likely because I worded my question wrong.

First off I'm confused about "apps" what exactly is it. My issue is when I'm going about 60mph or so, and turn the programmer on 5x5 and hit the throttle quickly to the floor it will still pull hard, but cut out a bit on the way. If I ease into the throttle it will pull a little harder, but not cut out at all.

The other thing is I need a new fuel system, the one I have just isn't cutting it anymore. I believe the system I have is the vulcan 392 kit, or something like that. I've had it for about 3 years now. On most WOT runs I have less than 5psi fuel pressure, which makes me very nervous. Suggestions? Air-dog? Fass? Something else? I plan on doing some type of water injection system so I can keep my egts a little lower when I time my truck in the next few months too...Want to get closer to sub 12's or near it. :tree:

The apps is also known as the throttle position sensor, it bolts on right above the vp44. What vp are you running on your truck?

It's just a stock rebuilt vp that I've had for about 4 years now. Surprised it's lasted this long.

I had the same issue, and it turned out to be a bad tap on the injection pump wire. I put on a stealth cover, and it is smooth at WOT and rolling into it.

and yes you need a fuel system..
search around on here for opinions on what to use
if i had the cash to front right now i would pick up an AirdogII
good luck

I have a fuel system, I just dont' think it's up to the task anymore. I have a 392 pump with bigger lines and a regulator. I was asking about a better one. 20 psi at idle and driving around, just drops to almost no psi at low speed wot now

And I'll have to look at my tap wire, see if I can make it a better connection. If that doesn't help I'll look to the new apps

Try adjusting your apps first. That might help. There are instructions for it in the dodge articles forum.

Sometimes with big fuel and low boost, the truck will just do that.... It has to do with the amount of fuel being asked for vs what the ECM sees in relation to boost.

I just deal with it on my truck. Stabbing the throttle with no boost makes for lots of smoke anyway.