question for a buddy

megaboom

i have a buddy with a 04 6.0 we are lookin to get some mods done to his truck and was wonderin what mods are really workin out for you ford guys?? tuners,exhausts,turbos,intakes,etc. are there any free mods we can do ? what should he/we look out for when doing mods to this truck...right now the only problem he is having with it is when towing his intake or intercooler boots will pop off, is that common? thanks in advance for the help

Totally depends what your buddy wants. To be honest it's hard to beat the tried and true: Intake, Programmer, Exhaust combo for daily driving and reliability. After that I would look at headstuds and an egr delete but there are many other extreme options out there too. Just depends on what you are willing to spend and how much you like to tinker with your truck because you WILL BE wrenching on it more often once you start modding it. Just my 2 cents.

Tyler

thanks for the response buddy, we have done the intake and he has straight pipe already. what gains will we get from the egr delete? from what ive read as far as programmers go a majority of ford guys are runnin sct tuners....which one is the more popular x3/livewire? are yall buying the preloaded or custom tuned ones? he does tow with it and is lookin for better fuel mileage but still wants some performance too. thanks again

No gains in hp anyway by deleting the egr cooler and doing head studs. Just more for the reliability factor. They are weak points in the 6.0L. Go SCT custom tuning for sure. Lots of good tuners out there. I'm partial to Eric from Innovative but there's Tadd from Elite, Spartan, etc. Lots of tuners out there anyway and they will hook you up with some good tunes.

Tyler

As far as free mods go you can do a Zoodad and CCV mod.

The CCV might help with the boots popping off. It gets ride of the oil vapor in the IC/Intake from what I have read. Correct me if I'm wrong though.