Question for those of you running the GM NV4500

z79outlaw

Is the 32 spline output shaft a problem behind the Cummins? I've read about 1 guy that broke 2 within 10,000 miles, on a motor that was basically stock. I just want to find out wheter or not I should mess around with changing the output shaft if thats possible or jsut getting a NV4500 DHD combo. Either way I'd like to figure this out before I get driveshafts made. Thanks

Nick

You using a dodge chev or dodge 4500? I'm using a GM 32 spline mainshaft in a dodge trans with an adapter I had machined on the OD housing (4wd GM shaft is longer than dodge) and a right hand drop np241c off a 91 burban. I'm not pushing much power right now, but I've been wondering the same, if it will snap.

Hopefully it will hold up, I searched this all I could last night after I heard about the guy that snapped 2 of them and havent found anyone that has said it was a problem. If it does snap, I think, I will as well...

The 32 splines hold just fine ,I had mine over 8 years and pull a 36ft GN.

i have the gm output shaft as well and its held to my abuse with a slightly modified engine no issues yet have had it for a year:Cheer: