Question on cat back exhaust

Sawed off

Party Like A Rockstar!
Hey guys! havent been here in quite a while. been buisy with work yeah I know, its not a good excuse haha! anyways, I was questioning on if I could just run a cat back exhaust off my doc/dpf delete filter. I really dont want to cut my downpipe, just for later down the road if I decide to sell the truck. Has anyone did this? or am I just better off with keeping the stock exhaust on. Anyways, hope everyone is doing well on here!

If Im not mistaken, the DPF back exhausts are just bolt on and use the stock hangers. And its been a while but Im pretty sure the entire DPF system is bolt in too. So you could delete the entire DPF system, run a down pipe back system and as long as you dont hack up the exhaust, it can all be re-installed faily easily.

And you are right, with out taking the cab off, getting the downpipe out is near impossible without cutting it off.

For me right now Im just running the DPF delete pipe and I highly doubt I would see much of a gain running a DP back system, but I will be going with a turbo back system shortly..... Its hard to not look at the downpipe and not see how poorly it is designed, but I have no plans on selling the truck....

I was kind of thinking that I might be able to just bolt it on the delete pipe like you were saying. It is nice havin the stock look though. I really dont want to cut the downpipe. So I guess it would just be a looks thing vs it breathing better and lower egts. btw, i already deleted, so we have the same setup. feel bad for the guys that cant do the delete these days.

I was kind of thinking that I might be able to just bolt it on the delete pipe like you were saying. It is nice havin the stock look though. I really dont want to cut the downpipe. So I guess it would just be a looks thing vs it breathing better and lower egts. btw, i already deleted, so we have the same setup. feel bad for the guys that cant do the delete these days.

True! Mine is out of warrenty, so I get to have a bit of fun! Ive been lurking around PSA and most guys say there isnt a huge power gain with just swaping out the DP and going with a larger diameter exhaust on a mostly stock truck. So your not going to be leaving much on the table IMO, so unless you like the mellower/louder tone, youll be fine with just the delete. Mine is all hacked together and a few brackets are pretty shiddy, so thats the main reason Im going with a better exhaust......

I was just under the truck today, and started chuckling when I looked at the DP.... I should have taken a picture for those that havent seen it!

Nice! My warranty has been up for a while also. Guess the main reason I'd want to change my oem stuff would be for the looks of a 5" tip vs the twins. But it sure sounds like a jet !! Haha

A cat back will do nothing other than change the look of your tip and drain your wallet. You will notice NO performance gains, and NO difference in noise.

Guess in that case, I'm gonna just leave it lookin stock then. Thanks for the input guys

Back