Question on fuel return (24v head)

yoshi470

EDP Janitor
What have some of you guys done for a return line coming off of the back of your cylinder head, in particular a 24v. Im re doing my return lines and plumbing everything together with an aeromotive regulator and was planning on using a banjo push lock fitting on the back of the return and was going to be just using standard -6 AN fittings and hose for everything but realized that the hose would be basically resting against the back of the head and didnt know if would melt due to the heat or if i got stainless braided -6 AN hose if that would be sufficient enough to work? Wanting to get rid of the cheesey factory steel line set up due to it leaking. Whats the best route to go or things you have used?

You just need to make sure the vp return and head return have no restriction to flow... I am using stock stop with rubber hose to lines in car.. Cheap and easy til I can spring for nice stuff

You could pull the expansion plug out of the front of the head and run your return up there.

dont use a banjo on the back of the head, there are 2 other fittings u can run, u can run a 12mm x 1.50 male to -06an male straight flare adapter then run a pushlock 90 degree -06 an, or u can get a 12mm x 1.5 male 90 degree to -06 an male fitting then put a sraight pushlock -06 adapter. either one of these ways will keep the pushlock hose off of the cylinder head. check out this hose, Fragola Series 8000 pushlock hose
Push-Lock Race Hose and Fittings, Series 8000 Push-Lock Race Hose, FRA8000 | RacePartSolutions.com

You have enough room for all of that between the head and firewall? I'm building a kit for a customer now and the way he described it there's not much room at all.

Thats my concern as well about not enough room. I dont think theres room for a fitting and a 90 on the back of the head.

I don't either, but have never tried. Stainless braided hose is pretty tough stuff, I wouldn't be too worried about it rubbing through unless it was really pressed hard against something.

Anyone know if adding a aeromotive regulator after the p7100 would benefit me any? Right now i have the 40psi spring in the airdog and arent the airdog internally regulated? But im think that adding the regulator will help maintain fuel psi inside the p7100.

coming out of the head is bleed off pressure from injecters. put regulater before the tee.