Questions about FASS

Hey Dan, What size line would work with the 150/180 on an '03 PSD?
I have 3/4" ID now, but my system is completely overkill.
Plus, I was informed that I can not have more then 6" of "non-braided" fuel line on the vehicle. (NHRA rules? or NHRDA rules??)

I have 40 feet of 1/2" 0.035" stainless steel line I am thinking of using for the new fuel system. (Has a 3/8" ID)

Still gonna use the 3/4" (5/8"ID) pick-up tube though...

Overkill is good as far as I'm concerned...but all I ran was a -8 from a bulkhead fitting in the tank to the pump...then -6 to the motor with an adjustable regulator and a -6 return.
I still had a nice haze even on nitrous passes.
The giant lines are really unnecessary.

Extended Power said:
Hey Dan, What size line would work with the 150/180 on an '03 PSD?
I have 3/4" ID now, but my system is completely overkill.
Plus, I was informed that I can not have more then 6" of "non-braided" fuel line on the vehicle. (NHRA rules? or NHRDA rules??)

I have 40 feet of 1/2" 0.035" stainless steel line I am thinking of using for the new fuel system. (Has a 3/8" ID)

Still gonna use the 3/4" (5/8"ID) pick-up tube though...

Man....3/8" line will flow anything that a PSD will need. Anything bigger is just for bragging rights. BUT will work.

Diesel-Dan said:
Man....3/8" line will flow anything that a PSD will need. Anything bigger is just for bragging rights. BUT will work.

But the 1/2" is so shiney...

When I took the lines from the back of the heads, and connected them to the return reg, (Without changing ANYTHING else) I saw the pressure go up by 5-7 Psi. (My pressure transducer is located on the "Y" block, before feeding the rails.)
The truck ran like crap, so I changed it back to feeding all 4 corners off the 2 fuel rails. The pressure returned back to the normal 55 Psi after I regulated the rails again, and fed the 4 corners.

I just didn't want to restrict the pump at all.