Questions about my Super B special

Yeah I knew you meant full boost...O/D and converter locked right? Not sold 100% on the studs yet....I might just put in new head bolts and over torque them.

Yep, either D locked or OD locked(might get going fast quick in OD).

You know my position on studs vs headbolts...

True....I think no O/D and converter locked.

Unless it's changed I think you'll agree with me using bolts LOL.

I have a FASS with 50psi going to the pump.....I think I'm going to talk with Jamie about some smaller injectors. I would think I could still reach my power goals and be cleaner doing it with smaller injectors. What do you guys think?

I agree, but i am also questioning if you actually have 7x14s honestly. I dont know why anyone would sell 7x14s to someone looking for a little over 500hp.

I'm sure if I ordered those that's what Jamie sent me. I really think a set of 5x14 or the 7x10 would be plenty of injector. I called and left a message so I'll see what he says.

Just talked with Jamie....I do have the stock thickness washer on the injectors. The thin ones are going in as soon as I get them and that will curb some of the idle have and low speed smoke like it did on my 370's. I still think they are a big but Jamies says with some fine tuning and the thin washers I can make them work. I'll give it a shot. My HX cleaned them up easier down low because it spooled faster.....this Super B is bigger so it's gonna spool slower.....so I'll give it some time and tuning. I'm to the point where it's borderline DD and fun vehicle so I'm going to have some "drivability" issues especially since it's a 12V and timing and such is static.

Well I installed a set of 5x14's today that I got in a trade from another member here. What a difference. Less smoke, less EGT and the same power. It clears up at WOT now as well.

Back