Questions about stacks

Thanks again guys. As soon as I quit breaking other equipment, I'm going single black. Looking forward to staining another part of the truck and trailer. WooWoo!

SSpeeDEMONSS said:
i thought they did an install of some black chrome stacks on a PS in diesel power and they didnt look black at all. crzycowboy's pics are of BLACK stacks. if only he could get GR to do it so that i wont have to source out when i do mine.

Garrett

Sorry about that. We were toying around with powder coating them or ceramic coating them...but it only got as far as "discussion". So...you will need to have someone local coat them for you. They do look good when done right, and put on the right kind of truck...speaking of which...did you guys see the one's in Diesel World? They were powder coated BLUE to match the Yellow and Blue of the truck!:hehe: What ever floats your boat I guess.....

Black chrome would be sweet lookin. I got lucky on parts for the 5" single. I was down at my buddies shop BSin and another guy came in and had parts for me to fab my own. He had a ton of extra parts layin around for his "Fleet of big rigs" Ended up costin me a 30 pack of C Minus. Painting the raw stack with some flat black hi-temp for now. If I can find some hi-temp gloss black later I would rather do that :/ But it looks cool. After I get the Tranny in, and it's back on the road, I'll post a pic. Can't thank you guys enough for all the input.

Is anyone running a single stack with a rain cap on it. If so pics would be great. Never seen it before lol

I think I saw one somewhere on this site, but can't remember where. I think you just have to like the look. Functionality is a bonus. No covering every time you get weather. I put a small drain hole in the belly of the bend so mine will drain. But if it snows I will be screwed. So, I'm covering it for those occasions.

Here's how it turned out for now.

Attachments

• P2180006.jpg
    P2180006.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 23
It's got a nice drone to it haha. Overall not bad. 7.3s r loud to begin with and the stack doesn't help any. But on a positive note. It sounds super nasty when I'm on it. And I wouldn't change a thing. I dig it.