questions and opinions

jr22

oilfield equipped
Well i spend the last 2 hours looking at a 95 ram 2500 4x4 12v with a 5 spd and i have a couple of questions ?? it has 189k on it leaks oil and coolant pretty good apears th have either a head gasket or thermostat housing leak at the pass frt corner also has coolant leaking down threw bellhousing i am guessing a freeze plug?? it a "E" block do i need to be worried like a 53 or 55 block doesnt appear to have any pump work done to it. has a rough idle at start up that went away when warm but appears to have a dead spot around 2k rpm. trans shifter was a little sloppy but went into all gears it has a 241 dld t/case. I thought that the stick trucks had 241 dhd case or is that later years?? besides the kdp and 5th gear nut what else should i be looking at ?? quite a bit of the wiring is hacked up but everything but the a/c appears to work ?? he asking $3k firm is it worth ?? i wanted to use the drivetrain for a conversion thanks, jr

does not sound real bad since you are using it for a conversion. trans or motor alone would bring 2K plus in that condition. the leak at front passenger side is most likely the head gasket that is where mine started.

If there is a lot of oil at the front of the motor it could have a crack in the timing cover due to the KDP . If so this would require a new timing cover.Rich