questions on a lb7

jr22

oilfield equipped
I purchased a 02 3500 dually high miles 147k the price was right as it was not running and the previous owner said the motor was shot orignally i looked into the 427 stroker kit but after seeing the price tag i have thought otherwise. I ran some test on the motor replaced the injectors which wasnt as bad as i thought it was going to be and got it running drove it all winter with minor issues. I am looking into my option and is a dual cp3 worth the extra $4k plus ?? also how hard can you push before you need differant head gaskets and head studs ?? I already started my sas since the ifs is the biggest downfall to the truck. I drive a bunch so streetabilty is a key i would like to have around 500 rwhp. I live currently in arond 6900ft of elevation so i am also going to have to fight the thin air. which aftermarkrt turbo would be a good fit but also allow for room to grow in the future ?? how difficult is it to use efi live ?? better to purchase a tune already complete or make your own ?? thanks, Jr

Forget about the duel cp3s unless your willling to build a motor.
If you want 500hp, it can be done with tranny, lift pump & tune. If you put a bigger turbo(HTT, garrett 4088/4094) it will help with the elevation & definatly make 500-550.

suncoast and the lift pump that depends on the person i use fass hpfp and i have not had any problems with it