Quick questions about EFILive for 2003 Cummins

cummins.97

Does anyone know when or how long until they will offer EFILive for the 2003 thru early 04 model Cummins? I know they're doing the 06-07 5.9 cummins then the 07-current 6.7 but what's after that?

For phuck's sake. Freaking search newb. The 03-04 cummins is the LAST to get this.

Yeah I know that much but does anyone have a idea of when or is it just going to come out when it does?

And will it be able to open as many tables and such as the 06 cummins?

They will start on it early next year, I would think it will have just as many tabels.

I believe the last thing I've read about the early 5.9's is that it'll be early to mid 2012 before Ross and crew get to digging deeply into the computer. I think its anyone's guess on what tables will be able to be opened up, but we'll assume it should be about the same as what the current 06-07 computers do.

I've been helping someone tune a Zuess stand alone and looks like we should have good range in the 03-05's.

Regardless of the flack, thanks for asking. I've been hoping they'd give up on the 6.7 and tackle the 03-05 first. No such luck... :doh:

The ecm will either be really easy to crack or a pita. They have zero experience with SCI based vehicles. With Ross's knowledge it'll be a cake walk.

Jake

Thanks for the vote of confidence Jake.
We decided to continue from the 5.9L ECM to the 6.7L simply due to the fact it's all CAN bus based. It's probably going to be more of a challenge for us figuring out the old SCI bus that it is mapping the actual ECM.

I'm going to make an educated guess that the earlier 5.9L's will be very similar to the 2006+ ones, so most of what you see in the 2006+ ECM will be in the earlier ones.

Essentially it looks like Cummins started from some base code back in the 2004's and built up to where it is today with all the additions probably due to meeting tighter emissions. What we've done on the 6.7L so far would indicate that the concept behind how all the tables work is the same as the 5.9L, just more of them.

Time frame for the SCI ECM though, I hate giving time frames because who knows who hurdles we may hit with the projects prior to the SCI ECM, but being a realist, it might not be until 2nd quarter of 2012.

Cheers,
Ross

Thanks Ross! Keep up the good work! I have an 03 that wants EFI bad!