Quote on a 2wd 48RE

JTaylor

My 48re on my 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 2wd Regular Cab running a Smarty Jr. with 90K miles Decided to take a dump. It slips endlessly in 2nd gear, anything more than 5% throttle. This truck is my Daily Driver 65 miles a day/ weekend Drag Strip warrior or literality whenever the Drag Strip is open. I looking for something Mild to Moderate, that not going to Destroy scale model wallet. A Quote or any input would be greatly appreciated.

you wanting an upgraded one? How much upgraded? TC, VB and some clutches and shafts or what? Probably be best to tell them your budget and they can work around that. Im curious to see what the price is because i will be need a tranny here in a while, and im a 2wd 48RE. You sure your a 48RE and not a 47RE? I've heard some 03's are 47's but i don't know for sure since i have an 06.

you wanting an upgraded one? How much upgraded? TC, VB and some clutches and shafts or what? Probably be best to tell them your budget and they can work around that. Im curious to see what the price is because i will be need a tranny here in a while, and im a 2wd 48RE. You sure your a 48RE and not a 47RE? I've heard some 03's are 47's but i don't know for sure since i have an 06.

My 03 is a later model HO (305/555) with a 48re, there are a handful of earlier model SO equipped with the 47re.

Your one of few if it's a 48RE, what are you looking for in an upgraded unit? Standard build, any billet shafts, price range.

Your one of few if it's a 48RE, what are you looking for in an upgraded unit? Standard build, any billet shafts, price range.

Something that is going to hold 450 to 500 rwhp, or 100 mph Trap Speed nothing special. As far as price range about around $2500 (which won't come anytime soon.) I know you have to pay to play, but just something to get me started. As far as my 03 I know it is a rare bird (ETH/DG8) with 11.50 AA Axle, best of all I picked it up for $8,000 with 82,000 miles.

Picture_00910.jpg