rabbit pump on tdi

smokin black

smokin black
Was informed that tdi engine would run on a rabbit pump. install 84 rabbit pump rebiult turned 30%. Can not get running, will start on ether. removed injector and it is firing. timming marks are lined up but still will not run. Any one that done something this stupid and got theirs running. please help? send me how you did it please.:bang

you need a Timing kit for a rabbit.....Look on ebay (try and find a Metric Dial indicator) also a manual for the procedure..timing marks are not precise enough and would cause a hard starting problem due to incorrect injection timing.

Also you need a TDI cam disk in the pump I believe.

The IDI cam wont work in the TDI application, once you get the correct cam and get the timing set you should be good.

Another thing is the Rabbit IP is going to have a smaller plunger so you will have reduced power.

Do you have a bad TDI pump off the engine?

Pump On The Beetle Had Electronic Throttle. Had To Hold To The Floor To Start And Smoked Black Would Not Idle. When I Removed The Pump It Turn Over Very Hard.

You can use the cam and pump head off the electronic pump on the mechanical pump turning it into what is known as a MTDI pump.
Unless the plunger is stuck in the head in which case you will need to replace the pump head.

Run on over here http://www.vwdiesel.net/phpBB/ and start reading.

Lots of info on this situation. I'm zukgod1 over there as well.

Back