racing classes?

Glasseater

so i'm really confused by the classes in different organizations... so if someone could give me just a general outline that would be very useful!! i'm planning on doing a bunch of racing this summer... thanks guys!

Really depends on how quick your truck is. I'd say that consistent 14's would make for a pretty good ET truck.

so i'm really confused by the classes in different organizations... so if someone could give me just a general outline that would be very useful!! i'm planning on doing a bunch of racing this summer... thanks guys!

NHRDA Diesel Drag Race Rules

NHRDA Top Diesel
» Heads-Up class with a 4/10ths Pro Tree, Laddered by ET
» No weight limitations
» No tire limitations
» No wheelbase limitations
» Must meet NHRA tech and safety requirements for MPH and ET
» Must meet NHRA and/or IHRA licensing requirements for MPH and ET

NHRDA Pro-Stock
» Minimum weight: 2350 lbs (w/ Driver)
» No tire limitations
» Maximum wheelbase: 125"

NHRDA Pro-Street
» Minimum weight: 4500 lbs (w/ Driver)
» No tire limitations
» Tube chassis prohibited

NHRDA Super-Street
» 2wd Minimum weight: 5000 lbs (w/ Driver)
» 4wd Minimum weight: 6000 lbs (w/ Driver)
» DOT tires required
» Tube chassis prohibited

NHRDA Sportsman ET
» Bracket class with a Sportsman Tree, Laddered by Reaction Time
» Helmet require if faster than 13.99 (Note: Some track require helmets for ALL racers)
» Must dial between 12.00 and 19.99 second ET

here are the nhrda rules and classes

thanks!!!! but what's the difference between the trees? and tim, i'm doing a bunch-load more to my truck this summer and shooting for 12s

The "normal" test and tune tree (sportsman) has 3 amber lights that come on exactly 0.500 seconds apart:

Middle
Bottom
then .500 later
GREEN

Do not wait for the green light or you'll be left in the dust.
Focus sharply on NOTHING but the 3rd yellow. Be one with the 3rd yellow. OHMMMM..

The instant the third yellow lights launch. DO NOT anticipate it, or look at the other lights for best R/T. It will take that .500 seconds for you to react to it (.20-.25 seconds), and another .2-.4 for the truck to move far enough to break the beams.

The "Pro" tree is easier.
All three ambers come on at once, then .400 seconds later the GREEN comes on.
Just look at all the ambers, and when they hit, mash it to the floor.

The "normal" test and tune tree (sportsman) has 3 amber lights that come on exactly 0.500 seconds apart:

Middle
Bottom
then .500 later
GREEN

Do not wait for the green light or you'll be left in the dust.
Focus sharply on NOTHING but the 3rd yellow. Be one with the 3rd yellow. OHMMMM..

The instant the third yellow lights launch. DO NOT anticipate it, or look at the other lights for best R/T. It will take that .500 seconds for you to react to it (.20-.25 seconds), and another .2-.4 for the truck to move far enough to break the beams.

The "Pro" tree is easier.
All three ambers come on at once, then .400 seconds later the GREEN comes on.
Just look at all the ambers, and when they hit, mash it to the floor.

ok thanks, the only tree i've done is the sportsman tree and couldn't figure out how to launch right, red-lighted once BY A LOT, and was hitting like .3-.4 second r/ts :doh:

PS - I copied the post from a post my husband made. I deleted the second part because it was off topic

that's VERY helpful!! first couple tries i hit .502 and .515 and was consistently between those.... we'll see if practicing on that can translate to the track

Practice trees can only help you if you know your roll out and can dial it in. Roll out is the time it takes your vehicle to break the beams. On 14sec truck you have a long roll out, as stated hit it the instant the last yellow lights. With a faster truck you could red light doing that. The only way to know for sure is go racing and practice. It only takes about 10 times to get pretty good at it, then don't get distracted.

Practice trees can only help you if you know your roll out and can dial it in. Roll out is the time it takes your vehicle to break the beams. On 14sec truck you have a long roll out, as stated hit it the instant the last yellow lights. With a faster truck you could red light doing that. The only way to know for sure is go racing and practice. It only takes about 10 times to get pretty good at it, then don't get distracted.

yeah i've only been down the track 5-6 times and each time if i remember correctly i had a pretty bad reaction time but i had no idea how the trees worked besides go when the green light lit :bang
i should get pretty good at it this summer

that's VERY helpful!! first couple tries i hit .502 and .515 and was consistently between those.... we'll see if practicing on that can translate to the track

My truck must react so slowly...I went red the first 5 tries on the simulator! I actualy had to wait for the green to cut a .535.
Depth into the second beam, & front tire diameter, both have to be taken into consideration.

You guys watch the tree?? Hell I just stare at the boost gauge and leave when I see the other guy move... :hehe:

Playing around at the jSuncoast event was actually really fun. Trying to figure out the launch and not even thinking about cutting a good light made for some pretty darn comical reaction times... :what:

Hey Joe... WTF is that in your avatar??? :poke: