Racing/Daily driver shocks

biged681985

Arklahoma Bombers
I have a 2006 ram 2500 4wd RCLB that is lowered 2" up front and 4-5" in the rear. I am ordering caltracs today for the rear. I currently have factory shocks on the rear and on the front i have the bilstein 5100 shocks that fleece recommended for there shock tower deletes. But since mine was lowered, I had to use the factory shock tower.

My question is, what is the best all around shock to use for both racing and daily driving. Should I stick with the bilstein in the front and go something else for the rear?

Attachments

• IMG_0731.jpg
    IMG_0731.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 0
The best deal I can get. I know you have to spend some to get good ones, but I'm not rich either. $150-$200 max.

I would suggest leaving your current shocks on and adding additional mounts for race shocks so you can remove them for DD use.

I am currently running AFCO Big Gun shocks front and rear in conjunction with RS5000's. Come winter, or any long road trip, dirt road, I remove the nice shocks.

The RS5000's are pretty crappy shocks, but they were cheap!

If you are just looking for an adjustable shock, then the Rancho 9000s will work fine.

I ran QA1s on the fronts when I was running my truck.

would i need adjustable shocks for the front and the rear? or just the rear? never messed with adjustable shocks is why i'm asking

All the way around would be optimal of course, but if I could only get 2, they'd probably go on the front. The rear you could just keep soft. But I have no practical experience with adjustable stuff.

would i need adjustable shocks for the front and the rear? or just the rear? never messed with adjustable shocks is why i'm asking

All 4 would be optimal, but if only doing 2, do the front. For not having "practical experience" with them, Mike's pretty much got it covered.