Radiator leak?

grueny

I just got done putting an egr delete kit on an 04 and the guy took it back and drove it for a week no problems besides a little bit of exhaust leak that we got all fixed. when i was doing the exhaust leak we noticed it was leaking coolant from the front in a line right under the radiator. i checked around the intake manifold and didn't see any coolant coming from it. Is this a common thing on these trucks. I can't seem to find out were the coolant is coming from. Any help on this. Like i said u can see it is dripping from the bottom of the radiator. I looked on the front of the motor and no signs of it leaking there. He is also not getting any coolant smell inside the cab witch makes me think its not from the egr delete kit. If it is the radiator were is the best place to get one? brad

the only lines that go into the rad are the tranny cooler lines, which can leak coolant where they go into the rad tank. the only places coolant could leak on the engine after a EGR delete kit is the hose fromt he oil cooler to the delete tube, the o ring on the delete tube where it goes into the intake manifold, and the big donut oring that seals the intake to the timming cover. hope this helps.

Make sure that the hose clamps are tight. Also check all of the radiator hose clamps to make sure they have not slid back a bit while you were installing the delete.