Rail Pressure Gauge

DrSpeed

Unregistered User
Working with a guy at Autometer on a Rail Pressure gauge. Does anyone have the specs on the stock sending unit? Is it a 0-5 volt guy? If so, does someone have the scaling factor?

The gauge will be a full sweep electrical, up to 30ksi, in 5 ksi increments.

Just an indicator if you're running your rail dry...

well since i sold most of the ones that came into the country last year, i guess i could help you out, they run on .5 to 4.5 volt accurately, 30psi means nothing if you cant get the sensor to read that high, the most you will see out of a CR accuratly is 26-27k, now the new lbz's and the new CR fords will be as high if not higher, each should have his own sender and leads.

i assume this will be just like the one from di-pricol?

Diesel Power -

Yeah...my post reads KSI...so...5,000 psi increments.

What kind of pressures are we to expect from the new PSD's and DMax's? 32k plus?

the 0.5-4.5 should work perfectly...is there room on the rail for another sending unit specifically for the gauge?

yeah, it'll be similar to the di-pricol setup. This way, it'll match the rest of your gauges...

DrSpeed said:
Diesel Power -

Yeah...my post reads KSI...so...5,000 psi increments.

What kind of pressures are we to expect from the new PSD's and DMax's? 32k plus?

the 0.5-4.5 should work perfectly...is there room on the rail for another sending unit specifically for the gauge?

yeah, it'll be similar to the di-pricol setup. This way, it'll match the rest of your gauges...

the newer psi's will be getting higher, around 30k out of a stock truck
on the rail there is no more room for a extra sender, so the best way is to make a harness that utilizes the stock sender, unless your looking for modded psi mesurement.:woohoo: