Rail Pressure Intermittently High

Flowmeister

allow room for expansion
Lately have noticed RP reading 2-3K high but only occasionally. At idle and cruising. Anybody have intermittent readings like this? Haven't been fooling with the gage wiring or shooting water under the hood so don't think connection issues but who knows? Truck is running normal.

Could be the gauge. My Optix rp gauge gives some strange readings at times, high or low by a 2-3kpsi. Only way to know for sure is hook a scanner to it and compare readings. If you turn the truck off and right back on do the readings go back to normal? Mine does when I do this.

Could be the gauge. My Optix rp gauge gives some strange readings at times, high or low by a 2-3kpsi. Only way to know for sure is hook a scanner to it and compare readings. If you turn the truck off and right back on do the readings go back to normal? Mine does when I do this.
I will try that, thanks. If that happens could it be something else like the fuel pressure sender?

If it resets after killing the ignition its in the gauge. Mine has done it with 2 gauges and harnesses. I was in direct communication for a month with the guy who designed the gauge and we tried everything to no avail. Several others have this problem as well. I have just learned to live with it. It only does it a couple times a month. Modded or dual pumps seem to make it do it more frequently.

Last edited: