Ram 1500 build

eastcoastfurry

I am finally goin to start my dodge reg cab shortbed 4x4 common rail build, I'm not sure if im goin 5.9 or 6.7. I have been searching and sending msgs to different people about trying to find out about the motor mounts and wirring harness. Any info would help

What year is the 1500? Do you have a donor truck? That is the easiest and best way to do it.

Good luck, no one helps or has any opinion to offer. I built my mounts from scratch. I can hook you up with a guy to do the mounts for you.

Message MAXTORQ he has done a 6.7 one and was the one person kind enough to share detailed pics of mounts etc. He did a really clean job.

Truck is a 94 model. I do not have donor truck. I'm still deciding on either 6.7 or 5.9. But I do have two located so when I figure out wich one to go with then I can get one. I have searched and searched and searched on here and couldn't find nothing about motor mounts

2nd gen 24v mounts I believe. Ask Rick fox, he's got the low down on all common rail second gen stuff. He's cumminsfox on here I think

Sent from

Thanks everybody for the info. I got all the questions I had answered my Rick fox and Lavon. I'll be sure to post pics and updates as they come

Few pics for you.

Attachments

• IMG_2833.jpg
    IMG_2833.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2835.jpg
    IMG_2835.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 0
I missed this thread somehow. It seems you already solved your problems, but I'll answer anyway. I built my own mounts and had Brandon (joefarmer) build my harness, bought my ecm from Mark Nixon, and had Lavon @ firepunk do my tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99% of the time the best thing is to just stick an engine in the bay and figure it out. That sounds real short and cocky but no way I would trust some guys measurements and go to town building a set. Most things I've done on my Fummins seemed a bit daunting but once you just go ahead and do it everything is a breeze.

Who here in the thread gave any measurements?

What I supplied was a thought process.

Any 2nd gen cummins mount will work. I put a 6.7 in my '96 LD 2500 chassis (7500 lbs. GVWR) with 12v mounts. Fit like a charm. 24v mounts would be my preference if I were to be choosey, but either will work.

Back