ram 1500 cr

cosmo22nov

ok so ive heard of people putting 12v's in 1500's quite a bit but never a cr. so my question is does anyone know someone who has or what parts i would need to do so.

thanks,
tanner

I think you will find the majority of your parts at destroked.com
I haven't seen one done yet im sure there is though.

If you are talking a dodge 1500 and I'm not mistaken the motor mounts will line right up and if you go '02 or newer then all it should take is a pile of parts off a '03 and newer diesel truck and little time to put it all together. Even the 2nd gen motor mount location is the same whether it's gas or diesel. Somehow I do not see the need for custom built repower part for a project like this.

it would be going into an 07 1500 2wd, and I would like an 05 or newer cr with an auto

on ebay two weeks ago a guy had a cr 700hp 1500 shortbed its all black sold it for 11,000

From what I remember on Garmon's 1500 diesel he had to cut and remake his own suspension brackets. If you go on diesel powers website and look at the photos of his hybrid killer truck.....the engine sits low enough it would sit on some sort of suspension brace that runs under the frame rails.

Yeah. Looks simple to do though....wouldn't bother me a bit to do that.

Im getting parts togather to build a 12V 1500 for my wife. She wants a truck bad...i've got a couple motors laying around so that aint an issue. We are just looking for a single cab short bed 1500 now for a good donor.

ok so as far as parts go what do i need?

-engine
-tanny
-ecm

so please just copy and paste and add to the list so i can get a good idea of what i need.

also will i need the motor mounts off of a cummins truck? and do they bolt right in or what will i have to do?

its a little difficult because i dont have the 1500 yet and i cant just go look in the engine bay and under the truck ect.

ok so as far as parts go what do i need?

-engine
-tanny
-ecm
-intercooler
-diesel radiator
-trans cooler
I worked for a local garage for a few years and got to see plenty 1500 gas trucks and as I am a motor head I paid attention to a lot of detail and difference between the gas and diesel trucks. You will need the parts I added to the list plus all the little OEM parts to mount them up that a diesel has and a gasser doesn't have. I'm 90% sure that the trucks are physically the same once all the engine and transmission components are removed.

ok, will the stock cummins intercooler fit? i noticed that jeff garmon had a custom one in his....

also ive been told that the firewall is different as well, is this true?

I dont know much about this swap but I do know to make the cr run it doesnt take much, just a couple wires and it will fire up. Just meake sure you find a complete engine with all accessories on it to make your life easier. Hook up main power, ground and switch power to the ecm and it will start. You will need to hook up the obd2 wich is 3 wires on a 05 and earlier and 2 wires on a 06 and later and a recovery file from Smarty.

To run an auto you will need the PCM with it as well and all of the harnesses.

I am not sure how you make your dash gauges work, its probably not difficult but I have never done that swap so I am not sure. You could proabably run the gas ecm as a piggy back and just use the couple senors out of it for the dash gauges.

also ive got to looking at prices and i think it may save me some headache and quite a bit of money to just go buy a wrecked cummins.....

i am pretty sure he just shortened up a 2500 didnt he? his orange one right?