Ran across a 900 HP CR today

_CH_ said:
please tell me this :redx: was drunk or something?

after all we all know a 7.3 with a wicked wheel ALONE should lay down 1000+rwhp :hehe:

Damn if I'd a known you could make that much with a wicked wheel, I coulda saved me a couple grand....:bang

We had a guy come over to us at an event where we had the dyno...

He wanted to know how high the dyno would read, and when i told him, he said he didn't want to dyno because he would max it out... and i'm not even talking about the tq number, he was gonna max out the hp. LOL

I asked him what he had done to his 7.3 (which was fuel only btw), and he did have injectors, chip, turbo, etc... but he looked at me kinda funny when i asked what kind of internal engine mods he had done to get it to hold that kind of power.

Anyway, i told him if he wanted to dyno, i would gladly refund him his money if he was able to max it out. For some reason he didn't have the "time" to dyno.

He did then proceed to enter the truck pull. Funny thing was a truck that had dynoed just over 500hp that same day ended up beating him by about 50'.

It was pretty funny really.

c-hawk said:
We had a guy come over to us at an event where we had the dyno...

He wanted to know how high the dyno would read, and when i told him, he said he didn't want to dyno because he would max it out... and i'm not even talking about the tq number, he was gonna max out the hp. LOL

I asked him what he had done to his 7.3 (which was fuel only btw), and he did have injectors, chip, turbo, etc... but he looked at me kinda funny when i asked what kind of internal engine mods he had done to get it to hold that kind of power.

Anyway, i told him if he wanted to dyno, i would gladly refund him his money if he was able to max it out. For some reason he didn't have the "time" to dyno.

He did then proceed to enter the truck pull. Funny thing was a truck that had dynoed just over 500hp that same day ended up beating him by about 50'.

It was pretty funny really.

If he had stickers on the Windows i hear they are worth about 50-100 HP on Diesel engines....

Thats what a lot of people in the ATV Racing arena think ... the more stickers they put on the more power they have... 5-10hp per sticker on a single cylinder quad .... :bang

I had a guy with a 7.3 tell me a few days ago he was at 700 hp.. I learned his secret to power.. He had a chip, an exhaust, and an aftermarket trans cooler.. haha..

I love these stories.

Had a guy tell me that he could outrun any cummins with his 7.3....but then he saw my dyno video and hasn't said a word since.

also had a guy race me the other night and claimed his 7.3 was stock. When you are having traction problems leaving the line with no boost, you aren't driving a stock 7.3. I beat him 6 times in a row anyway :eek:wned: he just kept coming back for more!

Oh yeah, gotta love the guys that say "I'm stock"...

Here's another thing I think makes owners look like morons - dynoing less than impressive numbers and when you ask what they have done "oh I don't tell my mods" "oh I still have 4 levels on my box but I didn't wanna hurt my turbo" like the guy in the black quad cab/long bed said to me at TS last month after he put down a smokey 470hp in an 04. I just laughed, as if I really gave a flying load of monkey ShlT. It's not like the number was 670+. It was 470....not too difficult to get stacking a few things with a CR.