Ran the quarter for the first time

jwfrauts

I have a 06 crewcab 2wd with 305/50r20 tires. Exhaust, AFE intake, and Looney Street. I ran a best of 14.25 at 96.17. I was a little disappointed but my tires are all over the back fenders. I had to leave the line with only about 2 to 3lbs of boost so it would not burn the tires off of the rims. I need some slicks and a locking torque converter and be in the 13s.

thats awesome, i'm assuming you have a 6 leaker, theres nothing wrong with that, you should be happy, what kind of tires are you running

What was the 60' ?
That's what you need to work on....you should be able to cut at least a 2.0 on street tires...everything after that is just steering.

there is a "6slow" j/k here in bradenton with the same setup but 4wd and his personal best is a 13.90. that looney tune is pretty darn nice for them 6.0's

60' was a 2.148. The tires were spinning a little. I am running Yokohama Parada's. When I left with too much boost it would be the one wheel wonder up in smoke.

Nice times. Get those tires dialed in and maybe a true-trac for the rear and those times and 60's will fall :)

it is really hard to hook up street tires. i would be surprised if you could cut much better than a 2 sec 60'. just my .02. i just went and got some slicks. you said you have an exhaust, but didn't say if you left the kitty in. if you put in a test pipe, you could pick up a few mph. also look at clamping the springs. just a few ideas to make things more fun. cheers!

no kitty. I will try clamping the springs and get a tune that locks the torque converter in 2nd.