Ran truck today, suprised me..

Oaborbag

It's just a 6 cylinder
Since I'm on vacation this week I decided to finally take my truck up track and I went to the wed night street drags in Sacramento. I was hoping to hit high 12's since I had no idea what my truck would run, hadn't ran it in 3 years and never on the current set up. First run it felt good, got my timeslip and I had to double check it...almost didn't believe it. 12.541 @ 112.689 mph...If only someone could see the smile on my face.

I ran 3 more times, the fastest was the 3rd run which was a 12.386 @ 113.475 mph with a 1.800 60', my fastest 60' was a 1.776

the 1/8th mile traps in the right lane weren't working, on my last run, which I royally screwed up running a 12.6 I got an 1/8th time of 8.163 @ 89.14. I did all 4 runs in a little over an hour so I decided I was happy with that and left.

I'm pretty impressed at my times, what do you guys think? What would it take to hit high 11's? I never thought I'd be close to that but I guess I was wrong. All of my launches were about 12psi.

IMG_1614.jpg

Drop the 60fts to the low 1.60s with some different tires and you'd be about there! Other than that, I'd hit it with a baby shot of nitrous.

Yeah I have 3.55's tire size is 285/70/17's Next time I go I'll launch a bit harder, see how brave i am and maybe go without the tailgate. Possibly even change my boost a bit. After the first run I learned not to look at my egt gauge, as it maxed out anyway...need to do something about that too :doh:

But after looking at similar times, my mph seems high, most are in the 108-110mph range, has me in high hopes :rockwoot:

Also how accurate is that hp calc? With my et it says I'm at 586hp, with the trap speed says I'm at around 665 hp, I know that isn't close haha.

3.55s usually result in those kind of times it seems. trapping much less than you but with a good bit better e.t. 60' is identical.

forgot to add I have 4.10s:bang

I'd say you're at least at 600 with that kind of mph, if your truck is normal weight. I'm surprised too, but also remember Sacramento usually has really good air, sometimes the DA is even below sea level. All that helps by usually a tenth or two and a couple MPH.

3.55s usually result in those kind of times it seems. trapping much less than you but with a good bit better e.t. 60' is identical.

forgot to add I have 4.10s:bang

Yeah maybe I am looking at times with trucks that had 4.10's

I'd say you're at least at 600 with that kind of mph, if your truck is normal weight. I'm surprised too, but also remember Sacramento usually has really good air, sometimes the DA is even below sea level. All that helps by usually a tenth or two and a couple MPH.

I guess there is only one way to find out, I guess I need to finally dyno the truck somewhere. Truck weigh's about 6800 with me in it, I didn't take anything out and filled up the tank before the 90 mile drive up there. But yeah sac had pretty clean air, on my last pass my overhead said the outside temp was 85* and very clean air.

impressive! nice to see a fast vp truck around here. were u locking up ur converter in 1st or 2nd? congrats.

impressive! nice to see a fast vp truck around here. were u locking up ur converter in 1st or 2nd? congrats.

I was locking it a few seconds after it shifted to 2nd, and thanks! :rockwoot:

Yeah it's just a "standard" vp truck