Raptor 150 for P7100 ?...

B N S slammer

Trying to get all my ducks in a row for my conversion, and I was wondering about the lift pump. I've got a Raptor 150 that's been feeding the vp. I was wondering if I could turn the adjustment up and use it? I'm not aware how much pressure these will put out with the 24v regulator spring in it? Or will I have to get a different spring for it?

I'm sure some people have had good luck with raptor/FASS/AD, me personally I rather go mechanical. If you're taking the time to convert your engine to a mechanical pump, why not go with the reliability of a mechanical pump as well? Depending on your overall HP goals, a stock 12V lift pump might work very well for you. I have several friends who are constantly fighting with their electric pumps to get the desired PSI, and then it still sucks it down under throttle to a low level, at least with a mechanical pump as RPMs inscrease so does your fuel pressure....but like I said, I'm sure some people run Raptors w/o any issues....

I ran a 24v FASS with my p-pump for quite sometime when I first did the conversion. The pressure was quite a bit higher feeding the p-pump than the VP with no other changes. IIRC, it was around 22psi vs. 17 with the VP. Driveability seemed to be the same then as it was when I swapped it out for a 45 psi model. That was a 215 pump. Seems that the 160/175 have a more noticeable difference with higher fuel pressure.

I run a raptor 150 i called airdog they said I needed to swap springs and didnt sell them. I could order through vulcan. I ordered both springs and seal works fine its set at 52lbs it can go higher drops to about 44lbs at wop. The plate in my truck is set about 2/3 to keep egt's managable.

Yes if you take the jam nut off and the adjustment screw out. The screw, 2 springs and ball will pullout.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Were these the only three parts you needed? Because the guy at Vulcan seems to be having an extremely difficult time getting this figured out...

I thought raptors had the adjustable screw for fuel pressure?

I just turned my AD II from my vp setup up with the regulator and have 40+ psi at all times.

They do but they still have two springs from what I understand.. mine is turned up all the way and its only about 28 psi at idle...

Were these the only three parts you needed? Because the guy at Vulcan seems to be having an extremely difficult time getting this figured out...

Yeah that was all I needed the guys at vulcan tried but they just didnt know. I called airdog back and got the part numbers then order what I needed from vulcan. I though its was funny they list one of the springs as a raptor 100 .

Kory what ofv? sorry if i missed it. i put a 050hp from tork tek in and my ad II is holding a minimum of 35psi.

They do but they still have two springs from what I understand.. mine is turned up all the way and its only about 28 psi at idle...

Sounds exactly the way my FASS did. Cranked it up and all I could get was 28psi max using a 050 OFV. Called FASS and they said it is because the motor is not strong enough to keep up. I upgraded ordered a pump only to upgrade it everywhere. Wasn't too horribly priced.

I used a tork tek 60ofv with my setup

when this ad dies i will be using a a1000.

I know this is an old thread but do you guys this I could run an Airdog FP150 10 psi with my p pump 24v? I have a chance to buy one at a steal of a price but wasn't sure if the 10 psi pump would be able to support my IP. Reading this thread makes me think I may be able to swap the springs that I need.

I know this is an old thread but do you guys this I could run an Airdog FP150 10 psi with my p pump 24v? I have a chance to buy one at a steal of a price but wasn't sure if the 10 psi pump would be able to support my IP. Reading this thread makes me think I may be able to swap the springs that I need.

You can adjust AD150 pumps with different springs in the return port on the pump. You can contact Vulcan or Pureflow (Air Dog) and see what they say. So long as the pumps are the same between applications all you would need to buy is a spring.