Ratchet shifter shopping

I personally have a thing for my B&M Quick Silver in my car but thats in the car and me. Just throwin another one out there.

I have a quicksilver in my car also and like it much better than the old megashifter

I have a great liking for the style of shifter the quicksilver is. A gate/ratchet shifter if you will.

Go out there and get yourself one of these shifters man! Went down to the hot rod show as I usually do twice a year when they happen in Ocean City and "hot rodding" around in the truck with a ratchet shifter is night and day in the enjoyment I get from the truck. One of my favorite modifications done thus far!

Go out there and get yourself one of these shifters man! Went down to the hot rod show as I usually do twice a year when they happen in Ocean City and "hot rodding" around in the truck with a ratchet shifter is night and day in the enjoyment I get from the truck. One of my favorite modifications done thus far!

How smooth is yours? I know we have the same shifter, mine seemed to be a little tougher than it should be.

How smooth is yours? I know we have the same shifter, mine seemed to be a little tougher than it should be.

Started out a little tight, now it is like butter! It is like the cable was a bit tight from the factory within its own sheathing but eventually loosened up.

That SCS shifter looks like it is very smooth. I have heard nothing but good things about those shifters. After watching the video I almost wish we would have spent the extra $200 to get one like that.

The $300 was hard to shell out but I am glad I did. I actually. Spent more though. I have $20 in material for the mount, $3.99 in a magazine with a harbor freight coupon, and a harbor freight wire welder for $90 with a coupon LOL.

Thanks for the vids man! If you get the command center thing can you take pictures?

Here's my b&m pro rachet shifter which I really like since I have one in my racecar also...
Built a mounting brkt/platform along with other things I've fab'd as you can see...don't mind the bags/mess :)...

The other shifters are nice but I'll take this one over them all due to there's nothing to lift, pull, trigger while banging thru the gears except to go into R..P, reverse lockout lever needs pushed. While racheting to 1st might be a hassle, but once it's there all that's needed is slap it into 2nd gate...3rd gate.

I did have a longer shift cable made and fab'd up a brkt that goes on the trans for the adjustments. I checked each postiton of the gear ear (on the trans) to make sure that each shift was correct otherwise you could damage the trans. if it's not...

AAAA-scooterSHIFTER008.jpg

AAAA-scooterSHIFTER010.jpg

so there is only 3 gears on the shifter but the trans has 4? After you shift to third does the trans do the shifting to od?

No diff than if you shift with the stock column shift.....all your doing is moving the shifter, not re-creating it..

Same thing with the od button, just moved it.

No diff than if you shift with the stock column shift.....all your doing is moving the shifter, not re-creating it..

Same thing with the od button, just moved it.

Oh shoot thats right :nail: forgot o/d was on the shifter. I havent drove my truck in quite a long time so i cant remember what it has for shift pattern. Most cars will have 1-2-3-o/d-n-r-p as a pattern

Oh shoot thats right forgot o/d was on the shifter. I havent drove my truck in quite a long time so i cant remember what it has for shift pattern. Most cars will have 1-2-3-o/d-n-r-p as a pattern

If you're in the military...THANK YOU!!! We all have our moments as far as forgetting stuff...

Back