Re-using a MLS

Beave

I'm kind of a big deal
I am getting ready to put a new head on my truck sence i cracked my head thats on the truck right now. I just picked the head up from the machine shop today and dropped it off at a shop to get it o-ringed. Now i know im cutting a corner by tring to re-use the MLS but i want to see it will work. What do you guys think?

bad idea,, going to cause yourself extra work, and possible catastrophic failure

Kevin

Just spend the money and get a new one, it will be worth it in the long run.

Thx for the imput. Yeah I was just seeing what everyone thought on the subject. I will end up buying a new HG before i put the new head on. Thx again

I would use a 12 valve gasket with the use of 'o' rings. Just lay your mls over a 12 valve and make sure the holes match up (drillbits and hole punchers do wonders). MLS gaskets have a cloverleaf fire ring, I personally don't like them....

i have had luck with my MLS. It hasent blown and i run stock head bolts still

i have had luck with my MLS. It hasent blown and i run stock head bolts still

I didn't say MLS was a bad design. I just meant 'o' rings don't like to cut into MLS gaskets. AAAANNND..... Think of a cloverleaf ring and how flexible it would be compared to a perfect single. And wait.... What year truck are we talking about????

oh ok. It is a 1995. What do u mean by the whole cloverleaf ring line? am i missing something or is it just to late and im not reading it right lol

A 12 valve doesn't use an mls gasket. As far as I know mls was only used in 24 valves and o rings can't be used with them. 12 valves are a steel gasket but they have separate round 'fire rings' to seal combustion gas.

ya i knew i would be seeing as post from you riles at some point. ya i will need that part number when i get back.

See i didnt even know that you couldnt run a mls with an o ring, but thats also why i posted to see what people knew about them. thx for the info