real wheels vs reg dualls

dmaxexpress

Im in the position now to buy a new set of wheels for the puller. I have been seeing these 16x10 real racing wheels pop up on some good running trucks. Then i also see guys running reg 16x6 eagle alloys or steels. Im putting 315 75 16 bfg a/t on. The real wheels are not cheap but do they make a noticeable diffrence. Thanks for the advice.

I would look at the weight difference. May not be much but if you are running 4 wheels that weight can add up fast.

The real wheels are super light from the ones I have seen. That and they will be 10" wide so will make the foot print of the tire a little wider. And they look cool, ha.

16x10 real wheels arent much more expensive than say a 16x10 mt classic wheel but it is half the weight if you get non beadlocks.

If I remember right, a 16x8 eagle was 25 lbs, and a stock 16 inch dually rim was 32. I guess if your spending the coin anyway I could see it, but it doesn't seem to be the best upgrade per $ in my eyes

16x10 real wheels arent much more expensive than say a 16x10 mt classic wheel but it is half the weight if you get non beadlocks.

The problem is you can't buy a 16x10 real wheel with a dually offset so you have to buy a kit like proformancepro's sells with the hubs to allow two different bolt offsets. I think the kit is about $4000 by the time you get the wheels, hubs, and brakes.

The problem is you can't buy a 16x10 real wheel with a dually offset so you have to buy a kit like proformancepro's sells with the hubs to allow two different bolt offsets. I think the kit is about $4000 by the time you get the wheels, hubs, and brakes.

I didn't get mine from performance pros and I'm running stock hubs
[ame="http://s383.photobucket.com/user/HIGHTECHRAM/media/image-2_zps75e701cc.jpg.html"]image-2_zps75e701cc.jpg Photo by HIGHTECHRAM | Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:
I took 8" wide wheel cut center the center out and put dually centers in. With 285's and steel 8" dually wheels they are about 102 lbs each. My 16x10 eagle alloys with 33-13.50's are only 75lbs each.

One wheel is 8" backspace and the other is 2" backspace. There is a spacer in between the wheels. Since I have dually hubs there is no spacer needed on the hub.

Come on, be creative

One wheel is 8" backspace and the other is 2" backspace. There is a spacer in between the wheels. Since I have dually hubs there is no spacer needed on the hub.

Where did you get the 8" and 2" backspace wheels from? I called real wheels direct and they told me to talk to proformance pro's. They really weren't interested in doing anything special for me. I ended up building my own 16x10 steel dually wheels by cutting and widening them but they aren't exactly light.

You can buy them directly from real wheel or just get ahold of member Jason aka PTPULLINCHASSIS

I just got real to make some for our sqhd. Lost over 150 pounds from steel wheels we were running
IMG_20130405_185812_815_zpsa24afc29.jpg

You dont need spacers on the hub if you have a srw hub either unless you still run those heavy stock brakes. The wheels take about a month to get made and jason at performance truck has the best prices and usually keeps the spacers and lugnuts in stock aswell. I just see what the big deal about cost is they arent very expensive imo.

[ame="http://s416.photobucket.com/user/kjpcummins/media/IMG_3508.jpg.html"]IMG_3508.jpg Photo by kjpcummins | Photobucket[/ame]

jones95 you got a pic of the spacer? looks good.