real wheels vs reg dualls

I will try and post some pic's of different 16x10" and 16x9" dual wheel setups we build w/ different stock hubs and spacers. So you can get and idea what can be done with stock hubs.

Jason

You could call these guys for aluminum hubs, rotors, and a 4 piston wilwood caliper. But i would order them with out the caliper and get a smaller 2 piston from wilwood which would weigh even less. They keep them in stock aswell. They have a nice d60 setup aswell.

Wheelie Bar

If you dont care about weight just buy a set of steel 16 by XX rim shells from Marsh Racing Wheels, or hell you can even buy them for tractor wheels and use them and cut a set of stock dually centers out of a set of stock wheels and weld them in...

bump it back to the top. We can not run spacers between the wheels so im trying to loose the inner steel wheel as well as get some space between the tires

Here are some pictures of the last truck we set up with duals. Keep in mind that different trucks require different spacers and etc to make these work.
If you have any questions feel free to call the shop 74O-743-28OO leave a message if no answer.

Thanks Jason

realwheel1.jpg

realwheel2.jpg

DSCN7084.jpg

DSCN7079.jpg

Here are some pictures of the last truck we set up with duals. Keep in mind that different trucks require different spacers and etc to make these work.
If you have any questions feel free to call the shop 74O-743-28OO leave a message if no answer.

Thanks Jason

realwheel1.jpg

realwheel2.jpg

DSCN7084.jpg

DSCN7079.jpg

Jason help me understand how this works. I see inner wheel bolted to wheel spacer to spacer to inside of hub to spacer to outer wheel. How do you bolt the inner spacer to the the hub?

I press the studs into the spacer first, then mount it to the back side of the hub with the studs sticking through the hub flange. Then I bolt another spacer to the out side of the hub and it pulls everything together.

Last edited:
I ended up thru bolting mine, essentially making the hub and the 2 spacers one piece. Used nylocks on the inside and lugnuts on the outside

Looks like a lot of great Ideas at work. Lets hope that none of these spacer/duel wheel setup's never fail during a run. I would hate to think of a wheel (s) heading down the track at 50 + mph!

Back