recommend me an input shaft and flexplate

RascalMafia

heyyyyyyy girrrrrrrl
im pretty sure i destroyed my input shaft today, havent pulled it out yet for sure though. might as well do a flex plate too. whos got what, ever broken it, and whatd you pay? its for a 48re. thanks

Since you've got ATS parts in it already, ATS also make Flex plates and I think input shafts to.

Another option would be Opie's parts. I haven't been able to break his shafts, which some consider amazing. :hehe: PM for info so I don't spam.

brnaodn.

Last edited by a moderator:
here is the carnage, first the shaft stuck in the converter with messed up splines, second is what i could get out, and third is the shaft in the trans
200706201733_00030.jpg

200706201733_00029.jpg

200706201731_00027.jpg

Excellent choice.

That pic of the input shaft looks like it's completely hollow..? Kinda strange.

Opie hard parts..........ATS, HTS all good builders. SunCoast is an option?

Intelligent Engineering (I.E. or Opie parts). There is a lot coming down the pipeline for all of us from I.E.

Jetpilot said:
Intelligent Engineering (I.E. or Opie parts). There is a lot coming down the pipeline for all of us from I.E.

Do tell....:pop:

well i put my hts in last night, its is 200% better than the crapbox that was in it. i like the suncoast converter alot more than that ats too.

Jetpilot said:

Doug,

Where is the web site for I E ?

Wayne

Here is a fine example of OPIEs Dimartino shaft. NOT warranteed. He changed his stance on flexplates after the sale of these parts and left high and dry. I have spoken to atleast 5 other peple who have had breakage f his parts withing the 1st week of purchase and install. The reactor plate is good, but your converter needs to be machined or the flexplate needs to be machined, at which point the sfi rating is out the door. OPie argues with his custmers and after I said he is a liar and a thief he called me a "off ramp race champ", his qtr mile numbers arent much different than mine, and I sled pull. Please, for you and your trucks sake go elseware! Steve
bondotruck010.jpg

well thats one tweaked shaft!! and the "off ramp race champ" i find hilarious, however i would never in a million years would call one of my customers that. just wondering, howd it break, and what else broke with it?

3 or 4 runs down the qtr mile, one sled pull. 12-15psi launches. Have 37 inch tires, but have a lower gear ratioe than stock, stock 3.73 i have 4.56's. Opie says his shafts are designed to crack or splinter instead of break, which I find completely stupid. If the shaft only cracks, you can still drive around with low line pressure and burn up converters and such with all the shaft splinters circulating. I would rather mine snap in half, and stop me in my tracks before more damage is done. He doesnt recommend his parts or warranty his parts with any flexplate made, he may be building his own soon but it will probably be made out of peanut brittle to ensure no input shaft crackage.

In the box of broken input shafts from him i also have a output shaft with dents on the inside of the hub, dents on treated metal? weird! The first time I called him he blamed his heat treater and said they had a meeting, the second time I called him he said it was my abusive driving and now he says its because of the flexplates. I have since had a transmission built and used only TCS shafts and there is no vibrations, and in 6-7 months of my normal driving, no shaft issues. I have nothing to gain by posting this, and i am not trying to kill his buisness, i am merely trying to inform you all about issues I have had with these parts and service, Opie tried to get me to put his parts back in my new transmission at a discounted rate, but his parts costed me 2 trannys at which I had to buy new converters, pay for the build, fluids, R&I of each one buy all new bands drums steels and such, each failure was a full rebuild. Thanks for listening and please do your research and ask the right questions to you supplier of hard parts! steve

My truck is the white one, I took 3rd in the diesel power challenge, I twisted a shaft in the trailer launch event. that is the hardest I have ever been on my truck, as soon as I got the new Opie shafts, that is when my trans troubles started.
weee086.jpg