Redesigned!! Steed competition manifold vs Standard Steed

If you are sticking with the 64/68/14 i built for you then id say T3 with S478 underneath.

That'd be preferable even though I know you love my money haha. I'll keep in touch! On a side note, still have that 95 for sale? I have driven 5000 mi in the last month and a 2wd would be easier on my pockets. I am either getting a 2wd truck or a tdi. Decisions decisions. One of these days I'll have to give you some credit and put "Manning Motorsports" in my sig!

Sure do! Still sitting here, been fixing little things on it. Thanks Stephen you are the man!

To the best of my fluids knowledge, I do not believe this manifold will help with spool/mid range. Larger cross section is going to slow velocity which will make less pressure and lower turbine efficiency. SDX's spool flange cuts the cross section essentially in half which skyrockets velocity and further pressure which powers the turbine.

However, the stock manifold and most aftermarket units(regardless of flange size) were designed to process stock engine flow so what 800CFM + combustion byproducts?? Many of us have trucks running 1.5 - 2 - 3X that much volume, so I think this manifold + a large T4/T6 housing and turbine could shine on top.

To the best of my fluids knowledge, I do not believe this manifold will help with spool/mid range. Larger cross section is going to slow velocity which will make less pressure and lower turbine efficiency. SDX's spool flange cuts the cross section essentially in half which skyrockets velocity and further pressure which powers the turbine.

However, the stock manifold and most aftermarket units(regardless of flange size) were designed to process stock engine flow so what 800CFM + combustion byproducts?? Many of us have trucks running 1.5 - 2 - 3X that much volume, so I think this manifold + a large T4/T6 housing and turbine could shine on top.

I'm not positive, but I don't recall anyone stating a larger runner diameter.

I received the competition T6 manifold on Monday, it really looks good, it weighs 22lbs if inquiring minds would like to know.

I received the competition T6 manifold on Monday, it really looks good, it weighs 22lbs if inquiring minds would like to know.
Good deal. Thanks for weighing it before sending it down south.

When it comes time to drop my stock turbo from my twin set, and run my S474 as a single, I will definetly be getting one.

Thanks Taylor. Looks a bit larger than my other steed speed.
0608121507b.jpg

0608121506.jpg

Last edited:
Haha nothing to crazy for now, I'm still some what on a budget. I have been looking into exhaust manifolds and if this would run good with what I have now , I would prefer to just buy one and have a piece that I knows going to last and give me room to grow.

Last edited:
The standard manifolds are being redisgned a little to have better flow and transition, if you putting it on a daily driver and are going to stay under 800hp you could go with the new standard manifold and save a buck.

Back