redline box

inline6power

more hp than you
well i am going to take the plunge and get the redline box right after i sell my TST comp and Smarty but before i do i got a couple of questions. i was wondering how it worked on a auto truck. i see alot of pullers that use it but i want to drag race with it and i want to know how the tranny will shift since the redline takes complete control over the motor. if any one can give me some feedback on this box i would appreciate it. thanks. adam

YOu could change your TV spring to help make your shifts later. You probably have a 12V spring in your VB, if so put a stock 24V spring in there that will pick up about 300 or so RPM in the shift. The tranny has its own PCM that is not affected by the redline. I have a friend that has a truck he is p pumping, so he has a redline, smarty, HRVP that he is selling.

zstroken, can you find out how much your friend wants for his redline and e mail me the price at aross@rossandchristopher.com . i would greatly appreciate it. thank you.

i know that the tranny has its on computer but i thought they all had to work in unison inorder for them to work right, and the redline takes one of the computers out of the equation. thats my only question. i will wait for pualb to chime in and give me his thoughts. i mean i should make more top end power with the redline than i will with the TST smarty.

I take it you are running out of rpms at the 1/4 mile. The redline box will extend the rpm range, no question about that. The redline box will also get just about all the fuel that a VP44 can supply out of it.

It doesn't however take one of the computers out of the equation. The ECU still controls the advance and other parameters. The redline doesn't supply any additional advance. The redline box taps into two APPS wires, connects in series with the map sensor and two VP44 wires.

I don't run any faster with the redline box then I do with the edge drag comp. However it does run faster then using the TST comp on my truck, and is a lot more "friendly" when trying to build boost at the line.

What are you planning on stacking with it for timing?

Also try the 80-90% fuel settings on the redline. It maybe faster or as fast as 100%, because of depleting all the fuel from the rotor.

Oh, yeah... To answer your original question, it doesn't effect how my tranny shifts at all. The extra rpm doesn't help me, because the shift points are the same, and I don't hit the rev limiter in the 1/4 mile.

Hope this helps...
Paul

thank you very very much for the write up paul. as for my current setup, i am running a TST comp, smarty on sw2 and a diablo power puck. works flawlessly but i have heard from everyone the the Redline/Ez will make more top end power than any other box or stack out there. i dont care if it only lowers my et by a .1, if it does that then thats what i want to go with. as far as running out of rpms, yes i was flatlined at 3500rpms at about 150yrds before the 1/4 so that will help out hugely. you said that ( it was more friendly building boost at the line) were you talking about the TST or the redline? thanks again for your input and if you know of anyone that wants a TST comp or a smarty let them know i am selling mine

Redline box is a killer unit, what a difference it make have all those extra RPM's. I tried a few different tming boxes with it and I perfered the old style power puck that plugs into the main pump harmess the best, it pulls hard all thw way through. I haven't tried a programmer yet but Ilike this btter than a EZ or VA. Good Luck.

According to chip from blue chip, I asked him what the timing was at speeds above factory defuel and he shrugged his shoulders. He said he was working on a timing box to work with the redline, but this was a few years ago and I am guessing no dice. From the cummins guy I used to work with, the timing and fuel data out past like 3500 are zeroed or something like that. There is also a revlimit built into the bosch vp44. He had said that when they were doing testing, they had a bosch guy come in and he defeated the 37-3800 rpm limit. My feeling is that the redline just keeps holding the fuel solenoid closed, and if you keep spinnin the pump and don't allow the fuel to go back to the tank, then your gonna keep building rpm.

If I can get this thing to load, I've got a pic some will like to see.

Boydo said:
Redline box is a killer unit, what a difference it make have all those extra RPM's. I tried a few different tming boxes with it and I perfered the old style power puck that plugs into the main pump harmess the best, it pulls hard all thw way through. I haven't tried a programmer yet but Ilike this btter than a EZ or VA. Good Luck.
yeah thats the puck that i have now. the one that plugs into the vp and the harness. i think it gave me way more down low than the smarty did without all the low end smoke the smarty puts out. either way i dont think i would be going backwards if i got the redline. no way it could be worse than my current setup, so i am gong to give it a try. like i said, if anyone knows anyone lookin for a TST comp or a Smarty, let them know i have one for sale. thanks guys and i will keep you all posted.

av-372.jpg

this ?

Rods said:
sweeeeeeeeeeeet. what does the .0 psi stand for as well as teh 77? i feel like a little kid again wanting the newest toy, although the redline is not new but man, i cant wait to sell my TST comp and smarty. thanks for the pic

0 PSI boost pressure. 77 is the EGT. 5792 RPM though???

DAMN!! That's som RPM right there. There's a new timing module out called rev maxx that's suppose to communicate with the Redline to assit all the way to the 5K mark. Saw it at www.psicomponents.com

inline6power said:
you said that ( it was more friendly building boost at the line) were you talking about the TST or the redline? thanks again for your input and if you know of anyone that wants a TST comp or a smarty let them know i am selling mine

The redline is more friendly building boost at the line. The TST comp is the hardest box to consistently build boost that I have tried. When I say that, I mean being able to build 15psi of boost (or whatever amout), and hold it there, and do it within the autostart time limit.

Paul

sweet deal, thanks again paul, and yes the TST is very very hard to build boost with. which box were you faster at the track with? the TST comp or the redline