redline box

zstroken said:
5792 RPM though???

No way. I had a redline with no limiter and the pump electronics would give up in the 4200-4400 range. I would say a faulty reading from the tone wheel.

-Tom

Rods said:
av-372.jpg

this ?
Yeah, that's the pic I was trying to load. Thanks. I don't know why it wouldn't load. I don't have the pyro or MAP hooked up so that's why it reads nothing but RPM. Yes, it was a glitch in the box. I was playing around with the smarty trying to see how it ran with every setup I could show it and it apparently got confused. For me on my truck, it does not like the smarty at all. The best I've found for me was my Drag Comp hooked up like and EZ and use the Redline for fueling. I don't like it for driving or even racing but for pulling I love it.

Anyway, thought you all might enjoy that pic.

Later,

Rodney

cummins4408 said:
I don't like it for driving or even racing but for pulling I love it.

Rodney
can you please tell me why you dont like it for drag racing? thats primarily what i will be useing it for.

inline6power said:
sweet deal, thanks again paul, and yes the TST is very very hard to build boost with. which box were you faster at the track with? the TST comp or the redline

Of those two, the redline by far. The fastest passes I have still made have been with my drag comp though... I would like to try the stack that boydo has. I believe that one of the reasons the drag comp has been faster, is advance issues with the redline box. I haven't been able to find something to stack with it, that actually ran faster with the stack then without.

Paul

paulb said:
Of those two, the redline by far. The fastest passes I have still made have been with my drag comp though... I would like to try the stack that boydo has. I believe that one of the reasons the drag comp has been faster, is advance issues with the redline box. I haven't been able to find something to stack with it, that actually ran faster with the stack then without.

Paul
thank you very much again paul for your help . i am going to get it for sure and i wll keep you posted on how it works out for me. thanks agian

Although, once up to speed it's basically the same as drag racing but I was talking about just racing somebody on the road. Starting from a line from a tree I could only imagine would be night and day. (I've never raced at a track.) I think it would probably do pretty good for an auto but it seems to smother my charger when changing gears and won't spool it as fast as my smarty/edge combo on the street. I think the redline works best when starting with the charger already spooled. This is why I like it for pulling. Just my .02.