redline box?

tennesseekid

can you run them on the street? whats the advantage that they have that the other boxes dont? what kind of power have people seen out of a redline?

ok thanks for clearing that up. still would like to know if it is streetable? and what kind of power people are seeing with it

ok thanks for clearing that up. still would like to know if it is streetable? and what kind of power people are seeing with it

I have heard in the past that redline boxes are either "off or on" when they are cranked up. They don't do so well for "daily driving", but this is all second hand info.

My redline comes in strong and quick about 1700rpm all the way to 4000rpm. I would not run on the street, because it takes over for the main computer. I only run it at the track.

My redline comes in strong and quick about 1700rpm all the way to 4000rpm. I would not run on the street, because it takes over for the main computer. I only run it at the track.

I agree. Not very streetable. According to Chip, he would rather only have sled pullers (preferably with manual trannies) run his Redline or dedicated drag trucks. The truck's manners become more...rude too I guess LOL

They are ideal for sled pulling though, allowing fuel all the way up to 4,000 rpm. I don't think you'll see any more power up there, but you will get more wheel speed—what you need in pulling.

I don't even run my FMS box unless I want the extra power ( usually just playing around). I cant see ever driving around all the time with a blue chip box on.

What setting? I leave mine turned all the way up and only turn it on when I need it.

Turn the Timing down and fuel to 25 and put on street mode. That's what I run most of the time. But Im always messing with it to see what's best.

The redline is fine for daily driving under ~90% from my experience. If you get above that, it will do wierd things if your not WOT.

Bottom line: yes, you can run one on the street.

thank you, now seeing as how i know nothin about these, do they use the same wiring harness? could they be ran together?