Reg Cab D-max 1/4 predictions

sledneck696

Well guys I have slowly been adding parts to my truck, im finally almost ready to run her for the first time. Kind of curious what I should expect for times. Truck is a 2003 lb7 rclb, full 5" exhaust, s&b intake, 40% over injectors, fass 150 pump, built trans, efi live (tuned for built trans), sleeves, 33" tires likely, or I have my winter 265's I could put on. With it being a rclb Im really hoping to shock a few people at the track. Any predictions

Well guys I have slowly been adding parts to my truck, im finally almost ready to run her for the first time. Kind of curious what I should expect for times. Truck is a 2003 lb7 rclb, full 5" exhaust, s&b intake, 40% over injectors, fass 150 pump, built trans, efi live (tuned for built trans), sleeves, 33" tires likely, or I have my winter 265's I could put on. With it being a rclb Im really hoping to shock a few people at the track. Any predictions

Make sure to take out your torsion bar bolts to drop your front end all the way down. Without having braces you will want to launch with lower boost(i do 10ish). It depends on what pulse your running, but I would say 12's.

Okay perfect trans and sleeves are going in next week. If I were to add braces any suggestions.

Still stock turbo, but I have seen some impressive stock turbo lb7's with max effort tunes

Mid to high 12s to start with. Lot depends on how your setup and tune work together and how you drive the truck, esp the launch.

Learn the truck... means making lots of back to back passes. You'll find a sweet spot as far as boost/rpm that will be a consistent launch. Too little and you'll be leaving ET on the table.... too much and you're gonna have a hard time keeping it straight out the hole.

Seat time will teach you the most about your truck. Dont go balls out first pass, boosting 25 lbs off the line, that'll break shiit. Start at 5-10, work your way up from there. You'll see the improvements show up in your ET's.

The truck is capable of it with what you got done. Just gotta learn how it drives and you'll be there

If I can get a low 12 I would be very happy

That'll take good consistent driving technique (as Wes pointed out), decent track prep and good traction. Lighter weight would help too, if possible.

Where are you located? (elevation also plays a role)

Who's tuning?

Braces: Either cognito braces or run a good center link brace, like the one DirtyHookerDiesel sells (as MAXX stated).

Launches: Do the same things every time, in the same order. I followed the advice of McRat and IdahoRob, plus info found here: http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/128-competition/86-drag-racing/77619-1st-time-track.html

Good luck. Have fun!!! :) Keep us posted on how you do.

Last edited:
Sounds good. In in Ontario very close to sea level, 200' I believe. Duramax tuner tuned it. I will def check into centre brace.

I'll vote high 12s to low 13s your first night out. That setup is easily capable of low 12's, if you wanna push that turbo to the breaking point lol

Im aiming for low 12's lol, next year maybe I will add a different turbo. As for track ya I will learn the truck, hopefully quickly. I have raced numerous times just not with my d-max yet

13's if not experienced with launching a 4x4 diesel. Track and truck prep are big. Fuel system health will be another factor.

Low 12's is not easy and should not be expected. Some like Tom (thebac) have put in a lot of time on the track as well as truck prep to get into the low 12's.

I'd be very happy to get a 12.99 second time slip the first few trips, don't freak if you don't as running 12's isn't just paying for parts on a truck and pulling to the line.

I've been 12.78 in my 06 but that was all stock including the trans, just dropping the tailgate and spare tire running on 265 75 16s. I haven't been back to the track since the trans went in and we turned it up some more. With a little setup work and a few pass' you should be able to get mid 12s or a little better.

Stock meaning lift pump tune and 4" exhaust.

Last edited:
Perfect ya and unlike most guys not sure about yours ^ but being rclb im much lighter as well. Either or it should be fun!