Regular Fuel Line vs. Diesel Rated Fuel Line

JustinR

Tree Top Flier
Does anyone know if using regular gasser fuel line (black rubber stuff from the parts store) will cause problems if used with diesel?

The reason I ask is because I'm having injector problems once again and the last time I had this problem Don at F1 said there was something odd making them stick. I used regular gasser fuel line when I installed my Holley Blue pump. I've been having the rough start/idle and white smoke thing on and off for a while now, but the last couple days it was really bad. I'm going to pull them out, send them in, and change the fuel line anyway. Just wondering if anyone knows for sure if it could cause a problem like this?

It will break down when in contact with Diesel. You have to get Diesel fuel rated hose, not just fuel rated hose.

Started it up to pull it into the garage and it starts running fine.
scratch.gif

I double checked the hose I used and it was Goodyear Fuel/Emission hose. Their website says it's rated for use with diesel fuel... http://www.goodyearep.eu/productsDetail.aspx?id=13952

Now I'm thinking that can't be the problem. :bang

i have herd that a gas pump has different internals and will not hold up in diesel