Relentless Diesel tunes stock cr to 525hp

Im looking foward to Oct 8th in murray utah, will be taking the class from Zac @ Starlite Diesel.

What do you mean the full version?

We'll never release support for EVERY parameter in the ECM. We will continue to develop support as our customers hit new limits and work with them to get the most from their supporting mods.

For Duramax, we doubled the parameters from our first release within the first 12 months. We expect to do the same for Cummins. That doesn't mean that the first release was sub-standard - it was just as good, if not better than most handhelds for the first release, it just means we got better. Better at meeting the needs of racers through adding specific parameters, better at meeting the needs for those who wanted MPG, better at data logging so users could fine tune more etc.

One of the differences between our product and a handheld, is we can work with specific people for specific functions - it's your choice whether you use them or not, so if you're not into alternative fuels but someone else is, he can still dial in his truck without impacting on how you tune your truck.

The last release for 2011 for 5.9L is scheduled for later this week and contains significant updates for the 5.9L. Once that release is stable, we don't expect any further changes until 2012. Ross heads to the US in just over 4 weeks and is gone for a total of 7 weeks so parameter development will stop during that period.

Cheers
Cindy

Thank you. I had no idea. I thought this was a BETA version for testing purposes. Glad to you cleared it up for me.
Semper Fidelis

This is so interesting. These numbers are insane that these guys are getting with basically bone stock trucks. I just bought a 07 and I would love to put efi live on it but dont want to mess up the tranny!

Im going to have to read up more on this... I would just love to have that tow tune he made! That would be plenty of enough power for me.

What upgrades to the tranny would hold that tow tune?

This is so interesting. These numbers are insane that these guys are getting with basically bone stock trucks. I just bought a 07 and I would love to put efi live on it but dont want to mess up the tranny!

Im going to have to read up more on this... I would just love to have that tow tune he made! That would be plenty of enough power for me.

What upgrades to the tranny would hold that tow tune?

I'm sure he'll build u a tune for a small fee

Jake

The truck he tuned has one of his valve bodies in it.

Ill probably email him out of curiosity. I know that on my 48re its tough getting it out of park at times and Ive read up on it and they say the detent ball gets oblong in the VB. So if it would be smarter at some point to just get a upgraded VB it would also fix the park problem. But Im also new to the auto trannys so ive got more learning on them... I just know that they are expensive to mess with.

I'm sure he'll build u a tune for a small fee

Jake

So how does the efi live work with tunes?? My buddy has all of the software but its for a dmax. Do you just need to buy the controller for the cummins? Then just buy the vin license?

So what do most people do with the efi live... like do they tune it them selves or just buy the tunes off other people and then just install them?

Im new to all of this, sorry if I have had any stupid questions. I would just like to understand it better. Im used to the non-electrical 12v. LOL

Thanks,
Austin

So how does the efi live work with tunes?? My buddy has all of the software but its for a dmax. Do you just need to buy the controller for the cummins? Then just buy the vin license?

So what do most people do with the efi live... like do they tune it them selves or just buy the tunes off other people and then just install them?

Im new to all of this, sorry if I have had any stupid questions. I would just like to understand it better. Im used to the non-electrical 12v. LOL

Thanks,
Austin

Austin,

IMO the only stupid question is the question that someone refuses to ask.

For $899 you could get your own FlashScan V2 and 2 VIN licenses to tune 2 supported Cummins vehicles

If you wanted to use your buddies FlashScan V2 you would need to buy the Cummins Tuning Option for $450 which also comes with 2 VIN licenses.

As for your tuning question, it really depends on you. Some people like to just purchase a custom tune and run that. Some people like to develop their own tunes. Some people like to do a combination of both - get a tune from a dealer (some resellers include a tune with FlashScan V2 purchase) and tweek from there.

If you are not interested in tuning your vehicle at all, there is another option. Our next release will allow our AutoCal product to work for Cummins. Effectively custom tuners can now compete with the handhelds and brand their own handheld tuner. The basic process is that the tuner creates the tune with FlashScan, loads it onto AutoCal and then ships it to the customer. You can't create your own tunes, or purchase tunes through different vendors, but if you do want to just 'plug and play' this may be an option. Cost will depend on the type of tune, number of tunes and the service the tuner provides you.

Cheers
Cindy

Thank you. I had no idea. I thought this was a BETA version for testing purposes. Glad to you cleared it up for me.
Semper Fidelis

Everything that makes it into a software release on our website or forum has been tested (unless it's stated otherwise). At this stage everything for Cummins is still going through the Beta process. Over time if a customer asks for a specific function, then it may not go through beta if they provide adequate feedback.

Cheers
Cindy

You know, one thing I would like to point out, is the number of times he had to tune and dyno to get results so desired. Compare that to how many times it would take with an SSR, enough said.

Do you mean the ssr would be better?...if so then that would be a joke

YouTube Doghouse diesel SSR VS EFI. 8 hrs on a dyno WITH nitrous, SSR made 800 hp, 2 hrs on the dyno, fuel only, EFI, 817 hp...like I said..'nuff said.